Quick unscientific survey of "best" Android panorama apps (hopefully freeware)

Old February 2nd 19, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
arlen holder

Default Quick unscientific survey of "best" Android panorama apps (hopefully freeware)

Quick unscientific survey of "best" Android panorama apps
(hopefully freeware)...

Someone asked on the Android ng what's a good panorama app
(free or paid), where I ran a quick survey (see below).

In this post, I only ask if you know of good free panorama apps
(for iOS or for Android, as I own both platforms)

=========
I don't do panoramas on my phone, but it's an interesting need.
Others who know more than I do, let's hope, will help you.

Meanwhile, I just now searched to see what's out there for us.
I am using the "venn diagram overlap" method below.
(It's not scientific, but it's "statistical", so to speak ... as a 1st
pass.)

First hit, dated January 2019:
o Best 360 Camera Apps for iPhone and Android: Secrets of Development.

https://gbksoft.com/blog/best-360-camera-apps-for-iphone-android-development/
1. Panorama 360 Camera (HD+) + VR video
2. Fyuse ¡V 3D Photos
3. FOV ¡V 360 photo app
4. 360 Capture SDK by Facebook
5. 360¢X Media tools by Google

Second hit, dated November 2018:
o 4 of the Best Panorama Apps for Android that Take Stunning Photos
https://www.maketecheasier.com/best-panorama-apps-for-android/
1. PanoramaCrop for Instagram
2. Panorama 360: VR Photos by TeliportMe Inc.
3. Photaf Panorama
4. Cardboard Camera by Google

Third hit, dated from June of 2016
o Take awesome panoramic photos with these free Android apps

https://www.androidapps.com/take-awesome-panoramic-photos-with-these-free-android-apps/
1. PanOMG (the successor to Pan360)
2. Cardboard Camera
3. Photo 360¢Xby Sfera (Free)
4. Panorama app: 360 (Free)
5. Panorama Camera 360 (Free)
6. Photaf Panorama (Free)

Fourth hit, dated long ago, from October 2014:
o 5 Best Panorama Apps for Android
https://joyofandroid.com/best-panorama-apps-for-android/
1. Google Camera ¡V Free
2. Panorama Camera 360 ¡V Free With In-App Purchases
3. Photaf Panorama ¡V Free and $4
3.a Free Version
4. Wondershare Panorama ¡V Free
5. AutoStitch Panorama ¡V FreeAutoStitch Panorama

Fifth hit, undated:
o Best 360 camera apps for iPhone and Android

https://www.concettolabs.com/blog/best-360-camera-apps-for-iphone-and-android/
1. Google Street View
2. Panorama 360: Capture + Share photos
3. Photo 360 degree by Sfera
4. Cardboard Camera
5. 360cam

It's not scientific, but here's a quick sort...
1. Google Camera Free
1. Google Street View
1. PanOMG (the successor to Pan360)
1. Panorama 360 Camera (HD+) + VR video
1. PanoramaCrop for Instagram
2. Cardboard Camera
2. Fyuse 3D Photos
2. Panorama 360: Capture + Share photos
2. Panorama 360: VR Photos by TeliportMe Inc.
2. Panorama Camera 360 Free With In-App Purchases
3. FOV 360 photo app
3. Photaf Panorama
3. Photaf Panorama Free and $4
3. Photo 360 degree by Sfera
3. Photo 360¢X by Sfera (Free)
4. 360 Capture SDK by Facebook
4. Cardboard Camera
4. Cardboard Camera by Google
4. Panorama app: 360 (Free)
4. Wondershare Panorama Free
5. 360¢X Media tools by Google
5. 360cam
5. AutoStitch Panorama FreeAutoStitch Panorama
5. Panorama Camera 360 (Free)
6. Photaf Panorama (Free)

And a quick assembly (errors may exist based on naming conventions)
*Five:*
1. Panorama 360 Camera (HD+) + VR video
2. Panorama 360: Capture + Share photos
2. Panorama 360: VR Photos by TeliportMe Inc.
2. Panorama Camera 360 Free With In-App Purchases

*Three:*
3. Photaf Panorama
3. Photaf Panorama Free and $4
6. Photaf Panorama (Free)