Looking for a quick photos' naming/labeling software

Old August 15th 13, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Looking for a quick photos' naming/labeling software

Hi all,

Nowadays where taking photos became very easy (from your camera, smartphone,
webcam ...), I take hundred of pictures a month.

Unfortunately, I have no time to label all my photos correctly. I drop the
photos in folders named with the date, place and a quick summary about what
it is about.
I recently did a search and wanted to find a specific person on a photo which
was taken at a specific date and it took me a while because the file name had
not been personalized.

Do you know any kind of software which would automate file naming ?

get lightroom and let the computer do all that work for you. you can
tag images with whatever information you want and it tracks everything,
including keywords, dates, and location.

it also supports gps geotagging.

if you have a mac, iphoto or aperture can do face recognition and
identify who is in them (after a quick initial setup).