Omega B22 bulb socket needed!

Old April 13th 05, 02:04 AM
Ron Manfredi

Default Omega B22 bulb socket needed!

I teach high school photography, and one of our Omega B-22s lamp sockets
shorted out, and is not repairable. This is the bayonet for the PH 111A
bulbs. I understand that the socket is no longer made. Anyone have an
old "parts" B-22 that may have a good socket??

Old April 13th 05, 03:16 AM
Pieter Litchfield

I have done business with:
http://www.classic-enlargers.com/omega_b22_enlarger.htm
all the B-22 parts you need.

Old April 19th 05, 04:43 PM
Francis Roy

Ron;

A substitute or replacement socket can be made from a
porcelean or white?
socket. The socket is the type that at one time was used for
signs.
The top part can be unscrewed and the threaded part inserted
through a hole and then the top part put back on again.
Now back to the B-22. Trace the outline of the part that
holds the bulb, the part that is held on to the enlarger
with the two thumb screws. Transfer this onto a 1/8 thick
piece of Masonite. Cut a hole in the center and insert the
threads of the socket and attach the retainer to secure the
socket. Attach the wires to the base of the socket and
cover with electrical tape.
Obtain a PH140 75W bulb and start enlarging.

Sorry I can't include any pictures but contact me if it is
not clear enough.

Francis in VT

Old April 29th 05, 12:19 AM
Ron Manfredi

Yes, I can visualize what you mean! Thanks for the tip, it should get
the enlarger back in service.

Ron