Smartphone disease spreading

Old August 21st 17, 05:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Smartphone disease spreading

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Aug 19, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-08-19 11:24, Alfred Molon wrote:
In , Alan Browne
says...
You're the one who needs to get over it. A good smartphone camera will
do more than adequate for insurance claims, body shop estimates, etc.
for even the smallest and faintest of damage. Requires adequate light
and proper technique.

Ok, I give up. Go use a smartphone to shoot a wedding. Have fun.

And sell your DSLR gear - you obviously don't need it.

You're cute. Lose your argument to facts and reality and so come out
with a ridiculous counter jibe. Are you sure you weren't in an American
high school sophomore debating club?

This sophomoric discussion is getting soporific.

Perhaps we can elevate it a bit.

Here is Mrs Kelby and her iPhone work.

[---]

The smartphone is just a camera that most of you almost always have with
you. Work within it's limitation like with any other camera and you'll
be fine. It's todays pocket instamatic:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pocket+instamatic&iax=1&ia=images
--
teleportation kills
Old August 22nd 17, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sunday, August 6, 2017 at 5:42:43 AM UTC-4, Alfred Molon wrote:
They are increasingly being used for everything, even applications for
which you need a real camera.

My car repair shop asked me if I had some good photos of the car. They
had used a smartphone to photograph the scratches on the car body and
because of the low light and limited resolution of the smartphone the
pics came out so crappy that the insurance couldn't see the fine
scratches on the car body. Luckily I had photographed the car side with
the E-M1 II.

That car workshop should have known that pictures taken with a
smartphone in dim light do not come out good and have gotten a real
camera for such purposes. Doesn't have to be a full frame pro one, even
a cheaper camera for a few hundred Euros with an APS-C or m4/3 sensor
would have done it.
--
Alfred Molon

Hi,

I carry a cased smartphone on my belt, and a small Canon S120 camera in a jacket pocket. Small though the Canon is, its photos are much better in every way than those made with my smartphone. With the small Canon always on board, I am semper paratus. For example, I caught pix of a local fire with fire tricks at hand,and I caught exclusive pix of a car that had driven halfway into a house' wall.

Mort Linder
Old August 22nd 17, 03:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 18:58:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

But which smartphone are you comparing it to? Your experience does not
match mine.
Old September 5th 17, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

[...]

You asked about which smartphone. I use a Samsung Galaxy S5, as it's the last Samsung smartphone in which the battery and memory card are customer removable.

Mort Linder
Old September 5th 17, 10:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

[...]

no it isn't, nor does that matter.

the battery will outlast the device and cards are a hassle, especially
when many apps won't work on them. plus internal memory is much faster.
Old September 6th 17, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

[...]

I actually prolonged the life of two devices with new batteries: One
early GSM Nokia that worked until the 900MHz service was canceled for
GSM and a E-71, also a Nokia still works just fine as a secondary device
for calls, text and mail. The browser is useless these days, of course.
Got a couple of batteries just a few month ago for less than USD 20! The
quality and finnish of keyboard and shell of the unit is amazing.
--
teleportation kills
Old September 6th 17, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 06:00:54 UTC+1, android wrote:
In article ,
nospam wrote:

[...]

Maybe that the problem nowerdays I wouldn't spend 20! on a phone where the
broswer was useless and it could only be used for calls, text and mail.
I can buy a new phone that can do the above for less than 20 !
My first mobile was £20 and that included £10 call credit. I can use it for
calls, text and mail. If I wanted a phone for just calls, text and mail I
wouldn't spend 20 on batteries for an old phone, I'd get a new phone with '10
of 'free' credit.

Oki... Have you tried to actively use it beyond receiving calls? Who
would call you anyways??? Ahh... Your parole officer! No wonder you get
the throw aways...
--
teleportation kills
Old September 6th 17, 02:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Oki... Have you tried to actively use it beyond receiving calls?

Sent a few txts and I wouldnlt spend 20 quid on replacement batteries for it.

There's the throw aways for you...

Who
would call you anyways???

Same people that'd call me on my smartphone if they have the number.

But your imagery friends haven't since they don't have either...

Ahh... Your parole officer! No wonder you get
the throw aways...

a parole officer, strange choice , that says more about you.

Youp. I call them as I see them...
--
teleportation kills
Old September 6th 17, 05:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 14:58:25 UTC+1, android wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Oki... Have you tried to actively use it beyond receiving calls?

Sent a few txts and I wouldnlt spend 20 quid on replacement batteries
for it.

There's the throw aways for you...

So why did you spend 20 on a phone that can only send txts, make calls &
emails.

More like EUR 5 or something.

"Ack typ Nokia BP-4L | Art.nr. 260391
2Â*st 25:-"

It's my secondary phone and does those things described very well.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e71-review-266.php

Could give me my position too, I guess. If I'd be lost on the town some
night...
--
teleportation kills
Old September 7th 17, 10:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 17:28:55 UTC+1, android wrote:

Whisky-dave wrote:

Oki... Have you tried to actively use it beyond receiving calls?

Sent a few txts and I wouldnlt spend 20 quid on replacement
batteries
for it.

There's the throw aways for you...

So why did you spend 20 on a phone that can only send txts, make calls &
emails.

More like EUR 5 or something.

or something whatever that means.

USD 5 would be close enough too for SEK 50...

"Ack typ Nokia BP-4L | Art.nr. 260391
2Â*st 25:-"

It's my secondary phone and does those things described very well.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e71-review-266.php

So does my home phone.

You do your email from a desk phone? Kwewl!

Could give me my position too, I guess. If I'd be lost on the town some
night...

I can do that with a book called the A-Z or ask someone but for me I don't
see much use for a secondary phone but I've seen people on the bus with 3 in
their hand have you a use for a 3rd phone ? Because I have 3 .

I'm avoiding the buses. With public transports I'm very much a rail
person. Trams or trains, please! I use my secondary phone for
unavoidable annoyances like you, BTW. I can turn it of while doing real
work, rest and play on my Xperia M...
--
teleportation kills