Lens for old 35mm Nikon SLR

Old January 8th 13, 05:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Graham[_4_]

Default Lens for old 35mm Nikon SLR

On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 13:16:01 +0000, tweale,
expounded this theory:

Hello
I am very new to photography and have inherited a Nikon SLR 35mm camera
from my dad, and need some help with what lens to use. I don't need any
zoom, I simply want a very slim lens to use as the current one is very
bulky (8cm long or something) and I know that I just won't use it as
much.

On every website I have visited, the lens seem very advanced with zoom,
automatic focus etc. I need something of good quality but just rather
basic in its credentials. I essentially just want to look through the
viewfinder, focus the lens and click.

Surely this shouldn't be too much to ask?! I would be very grateful for
any help or advice given.

Hello Tessa,

I still have my old F 301. The lens I would recommend to you is the
Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AIs. The lens protrudes just 30mm from the camera
mount. Plenty on Ebay, if you can't find one local to you. The lens
is a great performer IMO

--
Graham
Comments and criticism welcome