[OT] WPA and other politics

Old June 21st 13, 07:50 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_2_]

Default [OT] WPA and other politics

I'm not a liberal
I'm not a conservative

count me as a progressive, my background is that I got it well from
mental health disability, my payment is higher because I had a higher
paying job, I also have considerable family support

the USA struck a new deal with workers in the 1930's to stave off communism

it included collective bargaining (union) rights and WPA along with
other stuff I don't know

WPA, Works Progress Administration, gave federal jobs to people who
didn't have jobs, maybe others

they built roads and bridges and other things
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_P...Administration

my maternal Grandfather worked for WPA, he got 50 cents a day for his
work and 50 cents a day for his truck, often he said they should bring
it back

someone broke the new deal when they cancelled it

then they reformed welfare, they still have food stamps, they still have
have care, but the housing units have year long waits and they stopped
giving vouchers, you can only get cash if you have children

the poor man will get along by committing crime if he doesn't have a
choice, no wonder why the USA has so much crime, rap music, thug life,
and other things

I'm just a peep I guess when it comes down to it, as Rush said in a song
called "Closer to the Heart", those who hold high places must be the
ones to start

war and revolution brings you right back where you started

politics and propaganda will work eventually, perhaps this is just an
issue of the social evolution of man

it's only polite to share the wealth, no one should look upon fanciness
and be jealous or furious

I used to donate to the Red Cross, I'm going to look for a charity, I
don't really have much to share, I have to save for transportation
concerns, I don't get this benefit at my level of disability, but I am
open to suggestions

for me, I don't need or get perfection, "good enough" is fine

--
Dale
Old June 23rd 13, 08:41 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Robert Coe

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 02:50:49 -0400, Dale wrote:
: I'm not a liberal
: I'm not a conservative
:
[...]

To make this screed at least minimally relevant to the photography newsgroups
to which you posted it, you might have mentioned that one thing the WPA did
was to sponsor photographers, at least some of whom focused their cameras on
the dire conditions that characterized the Depression.

Bob
Old June 23rd 13, 09:31 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-06-23 12:41:27 -0700, Robert Coe said:

[...]

Including Dorothea Lange, Ansel Adams, and Walker Evans among others.

Savageduck

Old June 24th 13, 05:56 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_2_]

On 06/23/2013 03:41 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
To make this screed at least minimally relevant to the photography newsgroups
to which you posted it, you might have mentioned that one thing the WPA did
was to sponsor photographers, at least some of whom focused their cameras on
the dire conditions that characterized the Depression.

the arts have a place in propaganda, at least

--
Dale
Old June 24th 13, 06:17 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_2_]

On 06/24/2013 12:56 AM, Dale wrote:
On 06/23/2013 03:41 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
To make this screed at least minimally relevant to the photography
newsgroups
to which you posted it, you might have mentioned that one thing the
WPA did
was to sponsor photographers, at least some of whom focused their
cameras on
the dire conditions that characterized the Depression.

the arts have a place in propaganda, at least

art I think is more polite than speaking some times

--
Dale
Old June 24th 13, 08:13 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital,comp.soft-sys.matlab
Dale[_2_]

On 06/24/2013 12:56 AM, Dale wrote:
On 06/23/2013 03:41 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
To make this screed at least minimally relevant to the photography
newsgroups
to which you posted it, you might have mentioned that one thing the
WPA did
was to sponsor photographers, at least some of whom focused their
cameras on
the dire conditions that characterized the Depression.

the arts have a place in propaganda, at least

stuff like this and WPA imply a degree of nationalism, probably best
handled from the bottom up, while I agree with individual competition
when it needs to be, the fact is we are ONE world and we don't need to
flash success in the face of those that don't have it, yet

top down didn't work for the dominant USA nation, it was even taken away
from itself

I live in the USA and probably don't have much room to speak since I
forgot my roots immediately after securing gainful employment, and am
still learning my lessons all too well approaching two decades after
being fired

if it wasn't for mental health disability relief my life would be
totally in the hands of my family and the few pleasures that sooth my
occasional ire in life would be gone, and I don't think I could make it
outside of a mental health facility

I am conservative enough with my own life, but politically I am a
progressive and can give

--
Dale