'3D'

Old June 4th 20, 05:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

Default '3D'

Anybody know any specifics (what/how/ ... and why) about the plethora of
faux-3D pix on the likes of Farcebook at the mo' ?

geoff
Old June 4th 20, 08:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B[_4_]

On 04/06/2020 05:00, geoff wrote:
Anybody know any specifics (what/how/ ... and why) about the plethora of
faux-3D pix on the likes of Farcebook at the mo' ?

geoff

Please provide a link to an example and I'll take a look. ;-)

=

A question for you in return?

In another group, a poster always includes a link to a website in his
signature, viz:-

http://anindianinexile.com

Do you think that he's paid by GoDaddy to advertise for them?

MID

He wouldn't tell me when I asked him - politely.

TIA

--
David
Old June 4th 20, 09:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 4/06/2020 7:32 pm, David_B wrote:
On 04/06/2020 05:00, geoff wrote:
Anybody know any specifics (what/how/ ... and why) about the plethora
of faux-3D pix on the likes of Farcebook at the mo' ?

geoff

Please provide a link to an example and I'll take a look. ;-)

Hopefully this will work:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2895...6567274758225/

alternatively

https://tinyurl.com/y9n2zclb

=

A question for you in return?

In another group, a poster always includes a link to a website in his
signature, viz:-

http://anindianinexile.com

Do you think that he's paid by GoDaddy to advertise for them?

MID

He wouldn't tell me when I asked him - politely.

TIA

Dunno, but I'd never click on a link in a signature anyway - risky !

geoff
Old June 4th 20, 10:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B[_4_]

On 04/06/2020 09:25, geoff wrote:
On 4/06/2020 7:32 pm, David_B wrote:
On 04/06/2020 05:00, geoff wrote:
Anybody know any specifics (what/how/ ... and why) about the plethora
of faux-3D pix on the likes of Farcebook at the mo' ?

geoff

Please provide a link to an example and I'll take a look. ;-)

Hopefully this will work:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2895...6567274758225/

alternatively

https://tinyurl.com/y9n2zclb

Your long link worked just fine; thanks. :-)

To be honest, I can't recall ever having seen such an image before - but
I've never specifically looked for same. I went looking for another type
of all around view posted by a friend of mine recently and ended up here
- a place I've never been before!
https://developers.facebook.com/docs...embedded-posts I may spend
more time exploring there later today.

Here's the view my friend posted:-
https://www.facebook.com/twyfordwhar...type=3&theater

I'm fascinated by the technology which allows us to take such pictures
and transmit them around the world with so little effort!

=

A question for you in return?

In another group, a poster always includes a link to a website in his
signature, viz:-

http://anindianinexile.com

Do you think that he's paid by GoDaddy to advertise for them?

MID

He wouldn't tell me when I asked him - politely.

TIA

Dunno, but I'd never click on a link in a signature anyway - risky !

geoff

I use an Apple computer - I don't perceive any risk in clicking on a link!

Am I wrong? If so, why?!!!

--
David
Old June 4th 20, 10:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B[_4_]

On 04/06/2020 05:00, geoff wrote:
Anybody know any specifics (what/how/ ... and why) about the plethora of
faux-3D pix on the likes of Farcebook at the mo' ?

geoff

Hey, 'geoff' - look what I've found! :-D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/360and3D/about/

I've joined!
Old June 4th 20, 11:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 4/06/2020 9:07 pm, David_B wrote:
[...]

Still looks disturbingly artificial... at least when rendered to a 2D
screen,

I use an Apple computer - I don't perceive any risk in clicking on a link!

Am I wrong? If so, why?!!!

Apple hackers are lazy or unskilled ?

geoff
Old June 4th 20, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B[_4_]

On 04/06/2020 11:41, geoff wrote:
[...]

Did you drag the image round to see behind you and then right around in
front of you to the left?

Here's a piccie of what Banbury was like in 2004 - my boat is the first
on left hand side.

I use an Apple computer - I don't perceive any risk in clicking on a
link!

Am I wrong? If so, why?!!!

Apple hackers are lazy or unskilled ?

geoff

I think hackers find it far too difficult to hack Apple devices! ;-)

--
David
Old June 4th 20, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B[_4_]

Default Oops! (Was - '3D')

On 04/06/2020 17:32, David_B wrote:
Here's a piccie of what Banbury was like in 2004 - my boat is the first
on left hand side.

https://ibb.co/XYBwqqv

Sorry about that! ;-)
Old June 5th 20, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 5/06/2020 4:32 am, David_B wrote:

Still looks disturbingly artificial... at least when rendered to a 2D
screen,

Did you drag the image round to see behind you and then right around in
front of you to the left?

Yeah - seems like a couple of plains that slide around rather thany a
linear increase in depth.

Here's a piccie of what Banbury was like in 2004 - my boat is the first
on left hand side.

I use an Apple computer - I don't perceive any risk in clicking on a
link!

Am I wrong? If so, why?!!!

Apple hackers are lazy or unskilled ?

geoff

I think hackers find it far too difficult to hack Apple devices! ;-)

That's what they would like you to believe ;-O

geoff
Old June 5th 20, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 5/06/2020 4:35 am, David_B wrote:
On 04/06/2020 17:32, David_B wrote:
Here's a piccie of what Banbury was like in 2004 - my boat is the
first on left hand side.

https://ibb.co/XYBwqqv

Sorry about that! ;-)

Yeah I wondered where the image link was.

Presumably you mean the first 'whole' boat on LHS ?

Nice pic, nice boats. Great sense of depth. I think I would find the
mentioned faux '3D' effect detracting from it.

geoff