Morro Bay -Drone Revisit

Old July 3rd 20, 09:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ed Ruf[_2_]

Default Morro Bay -Drone Revisit

On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 14:36:38 -0500, Bill W
wrote:

On Jul 3, 2020, Ed Ruf wrote
(in ):

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 11:21:22 -0700, John
wrote:

On 7/3/20 PDT 8:08 AM, Ed Ruf wrote:
On Thu, 02 Jul 2020 19:55:21 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

SmugMug does render the 4K video as a 1920x1080, and should be
downloadable at those dimensions.

I get that resolution, 14:19 long, but only 715MB.
Please define "get".

If you are able to download could you please put in the link. Possibly
we're talking different streams.

The duck's original url:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor...MB-701-4K60-19
20.mp4

I get the same thing whether I click the download button, or right click and
“save video as”. And the same file size.

Win10 Home. Video loads in browser starts playing and then I right
click to save video. Same result with Firefox, Chrome or Edge.
Old July 3rd 20, 09:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , John McWilliams
wrote:

since you can't see the obvious: he is the *only* person who can't see
the video, which means the problem is at his end and entirely of his
own doing. put simply: user error.

And you didn't define "network".

the meaning is well understood.

In other words, you don't know how to define it.

wrong.

I do see the "obvious". My definition of network includes the modem,
router, cabling and/or WiFi and the client used to show the video, photo
or text. Something was likely out of order, be it hardware or software.

obviously *something* is out of order, but it was clearly *not* network
related since his network was functioning properly, allowing him to
both read *and* respond to that post as well as others.

he also mentioned it crashed when he tried to view it. that is *not* a
network issue.

And could have been the feed! Stuff happens even with broad broadband.

it wasn't the feed, since others did *not* have any problem in viewing
it.
Old July 3rd 20, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 3, 2020, Alan Browne wrote
(in article ):

On 2020-07-01 22:04, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 1, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

I drove down to Morro Bay today, it was a lot less overcast that for my last trip, so here here are some of the results of today’s flight around the bay.

First two 180º panoramas, which will be followed later, once it is rendered, by some video shot at 4K 60fps with a Freewell ND16+CPL filter @ ISO100 & 1/120 SS.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-PnG64Fx/0/c5554fc7/5K/DJI_0006b-5K.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-5bJ8RsZ/0/0291682b/5K/DJI_0008-5K.jpg

Video to follow:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Nice. Tip: edit these down to about 4-6 minutes (tops).

Now that makes sense!

Those files get to be quite fat for upload purposes, and then there is the viewer boredom factor to consider. ;-)

Savageduck

Old July 4th 20, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 7/3/20 PDT 12:10 PM, Ed Ruf wrote:

wrote:

SmugMug does render the 4K video as a 1920x1080, and should be downloadable at those dimensions.

I get that resolution, 14:19 long, but only 715MB.

Please define "get".

If you are able to download could you please put in the link. Possibly
we're talking different streams.

The duck's original url:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor...-4K60-1920.mp4

Ah, that's it. From that stream I get exactly what you got. I was
looking at a different link, one to a smaller file.
Thank you.

Old July 4th 20, 01:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 7/3/20 PDT 5:22 PM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 3 July 2020 03:55:30 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 2, 2020, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Thursday, 2 July 2020 03:04:30 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 1, 2020, Savageduck wrote

Video to follow:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

TBH the video looked a bit low res to me a bit fuzzy especially full screen.
By right clicking on it I was able to download it.
Here's the info I got.

MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4 84.6MB

Dimensions 640 × 360
Codecs H.264
colour profile HD (1-1-1) Yes my info spelt colour right :-D
Duration 14:20

Maybe a setting in iMovie perhaps you need custom.
My gig videos I do(HD not 4K) would be about 1.5-2GB out of the camera maybe 10% less after going through iMovie.

anyway just curious as to why it's only 640 X 360 Unless you did it lower res. so Eric can view it ;-)

That doesn’t make sense as it (the original as linked via SmugMug) was shot at 4K (3840x2160) the file size is 3.14GB.

Thought it was strange.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-hLkWhcb/0/c84bad03/O/screenshot_437.jpg

The second rendition was rendered at 1080 60fps (1920x1080) with a file size of 2.75GB.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-hLkWhcb/0/c84bad03/O/screenshot_437.jpg

I had not created a 640 x 360 84.6 MB version! It was never that size, and I had no intention of sharing something that small. I have a feeling that your right click download at those dimensions might be a local issue for you.

Could be, I was also using firefox 77.0.1 (64 bit) now been prompted to update
will do that after sending this.

I then tried it with Safari, video played with what appears to be your full res.
Much better than firefox managed.

the download option again downloaded the 85MB file at 640 x 360.
no options to download at different qualities on safari or firefox

This link gives the 1920 x 1080 resolution and the file size is over 700
Megs.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Old July 4th 20, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 7/3/20 PDT 6:02 PM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 4 July 2020 01:56:29 UTC+1, photophan wrote:
[...]

Tried again FF still does the same opens it as a small image 1/8th screen size and still downloads it as 68MB.

Safari opens it up large screen not full screen plays it in higher quality but download is still the same 68MB file

I wonder if what is presented as a stream- and hence download- is
governed by the users bandwidth at the time of opening the stream...

Old July 4th 20, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 19:07:06 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 3 July 2020 01:40:07 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(

Perhaps you need a better network.

Somebody does.

Have you tried right clicking to download the file then play it.
Might give as idea as to whether it is the network problem.

Good point.

I tried it again, usual error message.

I then downloaded it to my desktop using Firefox. Windows Media Player
didn't like the codec or summat and spat it out.

Then tried it with NCH Video editor and it worked perfectly well,
albiet in a small window.

I then tried it in Films & TV and it immeddiately gave me a full
screen.

Finally, I again tried it with Windows Media Player, and this time it
worked.

I found it very impressive, especially the low-level mast-head fly by.

When ever I get a chance I love doing architectural photographs,
particularly of old churches and cathedrals. I doubt if I will visit
Europe again but if I do I will try and arrange the use of a drone
inside the gothic forests of ancient times.

Eric Stevens
Old July 4th 20, 03:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

The one I have downloaded is 715 MB !!!

Eric Stevens
Old July 4th 20, 10:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
David_B[_4_]

On 04/07/2020 01:57, Whisky-dave wrote:
certainly a strange one this.....

https://eclecticlight.co/2020/07/04/...ainst-malware/

To what harm can a Mac come, just by clicking on a link?
Old July 4th 20, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
nospam

In article , David_B
wrote:

To what harm can a Mac come, just by clicking on a link?

that depends if it's one of your links or someone else's.