20D: SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

Old February 27th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

On Feb 26, 11:44 pm, "Beach Bum" wrote:
Kids..http://marklauter.com/albums/fineart...erkid.jpg.html

Maybe I should turn myself in. g

Yeah, I understand how you feel - it's stupid, but then cops are...

But now I just hand over a biz card and ask if they'd like to purchase a
print.

Ah yes, the kids playing in the fountains at Coolidge Park.
I've never tried photographing them there because I don't want the
hassle.
It wouldn't be 5 minutes before I'd have either a cop or some irate
parent in my face, forcing me to explain myself for doing nothing
wrong. And that is exactly the point of this whole thread. However,
I'll bet my wife could go down there and sit on a park bench and take
pics for hours without being hassled. There's just something wrong
with that.

And what if I don't have a business card? What would be the reaction
when I tell the cop that these pics are just for myself and sometimes
I post them on the internet?
I'd be eating pavement pretty fast, I'll bet.

Old February 27th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Joseph Kewfi

The above is preposterous. We developed the atom bomb just in the nick of
time.....Hitler could have developed it, and if he did, we would all (yes,
all) be dead right now, and the whole world would be goose stepping to his
tune.

Actually Bill, it was Nazi scientists spirited out of defeated Germany that
built the "American" atom bomb, but don't let that small fact of history get
in the way of another ill-informed rant.

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 26, 8:50 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

Funny. We have had nuclear weapons since the end of WW-II, and haven't
dropped them on anybody.

Extend your timeline one more year and see how it looks.
The fact remains we are the only country to ever use nuclear weapons
on innocent people. And yes, most of those people were innocent just
like the 9/11 victims.

As I said above, why am I not surprised?

The above is preposterous. We developed the atom bomb just in the nick of
time.....Hitler could have developed it, and if he did, we would all (yes,
all) be dead right now, and the whole world would be goose stepping to his
tune. When we developed it, we only had two (It was difficult and very
time consuming to get weapons grade plutonium) So we did the best we could
with those two....We dropped them on two Japanese industrial cities. It
worked, the war ended in a couple of days. We had no idea at the time what
the long term effects of the released radiation would be. Even the
physicists who developed the bomb didn't know, and several of them died
from radiation exposure.....To go back now, and say that we are monsters
for building and dropping those bombs is preposterous, and exhibits the
worst of the Liberal's tendency to Monday morning quarterback.
To our great credit, we have never used nuclear weapons on our enemies
again. We haven't even threatened to use them on anyone. Every conflict we
have been associated with since has been non-nuclear. You guys are like
condemning Nobel for an accident in the first dynamite factory, and ALWAYS
BRING IT UP, no matter what the discussion is about. You seem obsessed
with our giving all the maniacs in the world nuclear weapons just because
we have them, and defend every idiot who wants one in his
arsenal......What you should be doing, were you a reasonable person, is to
thank your god that we are the first ones to get them and realize their
potential, instead of one of these maniacs who would have covered the
earth with mushroom clouds.
Did it ever occur to you what the radical Muslims would do with nuclear
bombs? They believe that Allah would take them immediately to heaven if
they wiped out the whole earth with them. they care nothing for life on
earth. They live to die killing infidels for the glory of Allah. there is
no way to reason with these people. They live to die, and that's it. Our
only hope is to make sure that they don't get them. I am doing whatever I
can to help further that. What are you doing besides whining that, "they
have as much right to have them as we do?" They don't have as much right
as we do. Any more than a child has the right to play with dad's pistol.
And for the same reason. You get rights when you can show responsibility.
They haven't shown any, so they don't deserve any. Seems pretty simple to
me.

It has removed 5181 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old February 28th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
I am only afraid of real threats.....9/11 was a real attack, and real,
innocent people were killed.

O get a grip man, Sept 11th was a single incident. 3,000 innocent people a
month are being killed in Iraq in good part due to your "hawks"
occupation. You are really clueless.

The 3000 people a month that are being killed in Iraq aren't our
fault....They are dying because of terrorists. Many of them are the same
religious fanatics who designed 9/11. It is only a clueless person who would
say that our attempts to defend ourselves are worse than the original
unprovoked attacks. Long before the United States had anything at all to do
with the Middle East, those people were killing each other off because of
religious differences.....Even members of the "same" religion were killing
each other off. It was only a question of time before they got around to
killing us off, and as an atheist, I should be at the top of their
list.....When they get me, they will get 144 virgins, instead of only
72......But at least I will be able to say that my government, whom I fully
support, has used a fair percentage of my tax dollars to kill some of them
off first. In a sense, I can look myself in the mirror, and say, proudly,
that I have done what I could.
And, in the meantime, before they get me, I will do what I can to
disparage religion. All religions, because I fully believe that religion has
been the primary cause of war since the dawn of mankind.....for thousands of
years now, people have been killing each other off because of their
differing concept of god, which is, of course a totally fictional character.
Probably nowhere in the whole universe have so many lives been lost because
of so little. Ain't it a gas that we humans, with our wonderful brains, will
have killed ourselves off over an imaginary character that our own brains
hatched up out of, (basically) our own fear of death?

Old February 28th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Feb 27, 1:01 am, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:

I know there was a Cleopatra! Didn't you see the movie??
How could whats-her-fat-face play her so well if she didn't exist?
Sheesh.

William believes in nothing. Yet he claims to know all about how
liberals think.
How many other newsgroups can claim both a Holocaust denier and a
Cleopatra denier among it's regular posters? Not to mention a few
Canon deniers.

But I didn't deny that she existed....Only that that's about the only thing
we know about her....That she existed....
All this other crap about her is pure speculation....

Old February 28th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

wrote:

I know there was a Cleopatra! Didn't you see the movie??
How could whats-her-fat-face play her so well if she didn't exist?
Sheesh.

William believes in nothing. Yet he claims to know all about how
liberals think.
How many other newsgroups can claim both a Holocaust denier and a
Cleopatra denier among it's regular posters? Not to mention a few
Canon deniers.

Ya, but I was only kidding...

Well, I know Elizabeth Taylor exists......I have wanted her since I saw her
in "National Velvet" way back in the 40's.......:^)

Old February 28th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 26, 10:12 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

the monster I am worried about is radical religious groups

Let's leave the Baptists and the Evangelicals out of this!

who would gladly die just to kill me....And what have I ever done to
them?

You are trying to judge an entire religion by the actions of a few
fundamentalist whackos. That's wrong, whether you are talking about
Muslims or Pat Robertson.

Unfortunately, it only takes a few, "whackos" to mobilize millions of
"followers" to do their dirty work.....

Neither I nor my ancesters have ever owned a slave, yet my kids have to
surffer for their kids.

How have your kids suffered?

This is too complex a question for me to adequately answer here. My kids
grew up in Menlo Park, California during the 70's. The school system there
was just beginning to adapt the "affirmative action" policies. Without going
into detail, which would take many pages, let's just say that they suffered.
My son is a mental case, and only one of my two daughters managed to get a
college education....She is a nurse in Wyoming, and she owns her own home
health care business. None of my three children got anything like as good an
education as I got growing up in New York City in the 40's......One year,
(for example) my son didn't go to school at all for the entire semester, and
I didn't even know about it until the end of the school year. On another
occasion, the math teacher told me that he hadn't turned in any homework for
the entire semester, and so I sat him down on Saturday morning and started
him doing the homework, and by Sunday afternoon he said he was finished. - I
checked his work, and he had done the whole semester's homework in about 5
hours.....Without a mistake.
The quality of their education was somewhere between terrible, and
god-awful.........And I was paying about $2500 in house taxes for this......

Old February 28th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Well, this might not work for you, but what I do is take one of the
grandkids with me to the park....Then if anyone hassles me, I say I am
taking pictures of my own grandchild, which is certainly at least partially
true. Another way is to take your wife along with you, plus a picnic basket,
and have a picnic while you do your shooting....This seems "acceptable" to
the cops, too.......I'm not defending their attitude, mind you....I think it
is just as reprehensible as you do........

Old February 28th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
m II

William Graham wrote:

But I didn't deny that she existed....Only that that's about the only thing
we know about her....That she existed....
All this other crap about her is pure speculation....

Why are you so hard headed?

http://www.tyndale.cam.ac.uk/Egypt/p...s/selene_i.htm

http://www.unrv.com/fall-republic/cleopatra.php

At this time (80 BC to 51 BC) Auletes - Ptolemy XII - was paying tribute
to Rome as both an ally and to avoid being invaded. Our research
suggests that a move began in the Roman Senate to challenge Auletes'
right to be Egyptian Pharaoh in the Ptolemy line because he was not pure
Macedonian Greek. Auletes (a scoundrel and playboy who spent little time
actually ruling Egypt) did two things to beat back the challenge to his
rule. He bribed two powerful Roman senators - Ceasar and Crassus - to
block the issue from coming up in the Roman Senate and just in case that
failed he began hiding and destroying evidence about his mother. This is
probably the reason that today we can find so little evidence about his
mother's background.

http://snipurl.com/1bk8h
Old February 28th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
The above is preposterous. We developed the atom bomb just in the nick of
time.....Hitler could have developed it, and if he did, we would all
(yes, all) be dead right now, and the whole world would be goose stepping
to his tune.

Actually Bill, it was Nazi scientists spirited out of defeated Germany
that built the "American" atom bomb, but don't let that small fact of
history get in the way of another ill-informed rant.

I never said that it was native born Americans who developed the bomb....Why
do you insist on putting words in my mouth? Our development of the bomb
depended heavily on the Jewish scientists like Albert Einstein who were
driven out of Germany by Adolf Hitler. All I said was that the development
of the bomb, and the dropping of it on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a
perfectly reasonable thing for us to do. And, it is also perfectly
reasonable for us to keep it out of the hands of people like Ahmadinejad and
Kim Jong Ill.

Old February 28th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"m II" wrote in message news:786Fh.1136$IE4.1042@edtnps82...
William Graham wrote:

But I didn't deny that she existed....Only that that's about the only
thing we know about her....That she existed....
All this other crap about her is pure speculation....

Why are you so hard headed?

Because your (their) "evidence" is based on so little information....Just
showing me lists of what they say, and her "genealogy" doesn't cut it. I
want to know exactly what evidence they have for all the speculation about
her personal life. Real historians say that about all they really know about
her is that she existed. - And, that's about all I am willing to believe.
She existed....Period.