20D: SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

Old March 1st 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

"Andrew Price" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:25:15 -0800, "William Graham"
wrote:

The 3000 people a month that are being killed in Iraq aren't our
fault....They are dying because of terrorists. Many of them are the same
religious fanatics who designed 9/11. It is only a clueless person who
would
say that our attempts to defend ourselves are worse than the original
unprovoked attacks. Long before the United States had anything at all to
do
with the Middle East, those people were killing each other off because of
religious differences.....

Erm...not when I lived in Iraq (1983/1984) they weren't.

Oh, weren't they? Are you aware that Iraq, with the second largest oil
reserves in the Middle East, had an average annual income of only $2500,
which is less than 1/3 the ME average? And they had an average lifespan of
only 58 years, which is 13 years less than the ME average? - Just who the
hell do you think was responsible for that? George Bush? - The "Americans"?
Saddam Hussein was directly responsible. He only developed enough of
their oil to feed his own harems and palaces, and Swiss bank accounts. He
could have cared less how his people managed to stay alive. President George
Bush was responsible for getting rid of this maniac. - I seem to be the only
one who knows this, or who gives a damn about it.

Old March 1st 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 28, 3:47 pm, "Annika_Hogan"
wrote:

Widen your eyes William. The USA is not the home of the free. It's the
home
of mass murdering politicians able to destroy on a scale never before
seen.
How on earth can any of you believe you can win a war against people with
nothing left to lose?

Yeah, so I guess we should just toss them the keys to the house and cars,
and go put our heads on the chopping block, so they won't have any trouble
qualifying for their 72 virgins......Well, I am still sitting here in my
basement cleaning my guns....Sorry if I'm so antagonistic........

Old March 1st 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Greg Campbell

Joseph Kewfi wrote:

T.P.
The atom bomb was the product of mainly
American and British scientists working together, pooling their
knowledge.

The German scientists, notably led by Werner von Bruan, later
contributed to the development of US ballistic missiles, but that was
long after the war ended.

But don't let that small fact of history get in the way of another
ill-informed rant.

I'm interested but I don't see you offering sources ?

You're the one rowing upstream, the burden of proof is on you!

If you are serious about learning something, about the Bomb project, try
the library. They are almost certain to have a copy of:
http://www.amazon.com/Making-Atomic-...e=UTF8&s=books

(isbn 0684813785)

A fantastic effort, and surely one of the best history books ever written.

-Greg
Old March 1st 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ANNIKA1980.com

--
Annika Hogan,

http://www.annika1980.com
"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..
:
: wrote:
:
: Widen your eyes William. The USA is not the home of the free. It's the
: home
: of mass murdering politicians able to destroy on a scale never before
: seen.
: How on earth can any of you believe you can win a war against people
with
: nothing left to lose?
:
: Yeah, so I guess we should just toss them the keys to the house and cars,
: and go put our heads on the chopping block, so they won't have any trouble
: qualifying for their 72 virgins......Well, I am still sitting here in my
: basement cleaning my guns....Sorry if I'm so antagonistic........
:
----------
But William, that flies in the face of all your constitution stands for.
Ask yourself this: Why are the Iranians attacking the US?
Ask then: What did the US do to provoke such a thing?

The answers are pretty basic. "LIVE AND LET LIVE".
I've read all the arguments about Saddam killing the Kurds but at the same
time, let's not forget the American MN companies who set up their factories
in developing nations to circumvent environmental laws in the USA.

It goes horribly wrong when DuPont poison thousands of natives in an
"accident" that simply wouldn't be allowed to happen in the US. This is
justified in your mind by saying it was the native's fault. If you lot just
kept to yourselves and let other do the same, you'd pay a heap less taxes
and have a better lifestyle too.

William, You ought to come sailing with me sometime and I'll take you to
places where the natives wouldn't know what a gun was yet they are the
happiest people in the world. You might temper your violent attitude with
some humility.

http://www.annika1980.com
World class images to learn from.

Old March 1st 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
m II

William Graham wrote:

"m II" wrote in message news:786Fh.1136$IE4.1042@edtnps82...
William Graham wrote:

But I didn't deny that she existed....Only that that's about the only
thing we know about her....That she existed....
All this other crap about her is pure speculation....

Why are you so hard headed?

Because your (their) "evidence" is based on so little information....Just
showing me lists of what they say, and her "genealogy" doesn't cut it. I
want to know exactly what evidence they have for all the speculation about
her personal life. Real historians say that about all they really know about
her is that she existed. - And, that's about all I am willing to believe.
She existed....Period.

Historians say a heck of a lot more than that. A bit of careful
consideration is in order...

The exhibition has two main statues for Cleopatra VII, which are
considered rarity since Octavius, the first Roman ruler of Egypt after
Cleopatra, ordered that all her engravings and statues to be destroyed.
Those who were left are the result of the efforts of a rich Alexandrian
who gave a bribe to the ruler to keep them as they are.

http://www.arabicnews.com/ansub/Dail...001051447.html

http://ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/alexand...tory/cleo.html

http://departments.kings.edu/womens_history/cleop7.html

http://users.bigpond.net.au/gary_fle...patra.html#Top

http://www.distinguishedwomen.com/bi.../cleopatr.html

http://www.royalty.nu/Africa/Egypt/Cleopatra.html

http://www.mymacedonia.net/cleopatra/cleopatra.htm

http://www.suziemanley.com/famous_eg...leopatra_7.htm

http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/Bios/CleopatraVII.html

mike

Old March 1st 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Frank ess wrote:
MarkČ wrote:
William Graham wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in
message
William Graham wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in
message ...
Annika1980 wrote:
On Feb 27, 1:01 am, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:

I know there was a Cleopatra! Didn't you see the movie??
How could whats-her-fat-face play her so well if she didn't
exist? Sheesh.

William believes in nothing. Yet he claims to know all about
how
liberals think.
How many other newsgroups can claim both a Holocaust denier and
Cleopatra denier among it's regular posters? Not to mention a
few Canon deniers.

Ya, but I was only kidding...

Well, I know Elizabeth Taylor exists......I have wanted her since
saw her in "National Velvet" way back in the 40's.......:^)

I'm not 70, but I fell in love with her old images from those
films
too... I try not to look at her now... Sort of spoils things...

Yeah.....When you get old, you are surprised at how bad all your
childhood sweethearts (and friends) look....but when you look in
the
mirror, you still seem to look pretty good yourself......

Ya...that's because you've been there through the slow pull of
gravity.
When you see those long-lost sweethearts and etc., it's a shock
because for all those years, you're remembering them as they were.
Reality is tough sometimes.

The amazing part is how quickly they become the way they were, once
you begin interacting with them. All those sags and wrinkles blur and
the person you knew comes to the front. I had that experience at my
fiftieth high school reunion.

I often am reminded of what I think must be a hidden cost in being a former
star of a popular sitcom or show that continues for decades in re-run. I
feel sorry for folks like what's his name who played Gilligan (now gone),
who HAD to inspire little more than gasps from the public, who...having seen
him for decades as the goofy, young guy...now were stuck mainly by what a
wrinkled old bag...still wearing his sailor's cap and red shirt. I would
think folks like that would have an especially hard time dealing with their
own aging process. Perhaps that's why they so often become addicted to
plastic surgery...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 1st 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Pudentame wrote:
MarkČ wrote:
William Graham wrote:

Well, I know Elizabeth Taylor exists......I have wanted her since I
saw her in "National Velvet" way back in the 40's.......:^)

I'm not 70, but I fell in love with her old images from those films
too... I try not to look at her now... Sort of spoils things...

OTOH, Lauren Bacall has aged quite well. She's almost as beautiful now
as she was when she was Bogie's baby.

I would have been madly in love with Lauren Bacall in the 40's and 50's, or
maybe even now, if I had a few more years under my belt. Humphry was a
fortunate man, from all indications...at least on that front.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 1st 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Annika1980 wrote:
On Feb 27, 9:25 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

The 3000 people a month that are being killed in Iraq aren't our
fault....They are dying because of terrorists. Many of them are the
same religious fanatics who designed 9/11.

In actual fact, none of them are. The other fact is that 3000 people a
month weren't being before we invaded. So their blood is on Bush's
hands.

So if you punch a guy in the face because he had it coming...and he (or his
thug buddies) "respond" by punching every man, woman and child in the face,
month after month...it's the same as YOU punching all those men, women and
children in the face?????

You can't really believe that.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 1st 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Annika1980 wrote:
On Feb 27, 9:25 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

The 3000 people a month that are being killed in Iraq aren't our
fault....They are dying because of terrorists. Many of them are the
same religious fanatics who designed 9/11.

In actual fact, none of them are. The other fact is that 3000 people a
month weren't being before we invaded. So their blood is on Bush's
hands.

So if you punch a guy in the face because he had it coming...and he (or
his thug buddies) "respond" by punching every man, woman and child in the
face, month after month...it's the same as YOU punching all those men,
women and children in the face?????

You can't really believe that.

Belief has nothing to do with it. The Democrats will say it because it makes
Bush look bad. And, that's the name of the game....Bash Bush. What they
should be doing is bashing the guys who are going to run on the republican
ticket in 2008.....Bashing bush is now a waste of time........

Old March 1st 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

: wrote:
:
[...]

As long as they don't come to the US and hijack several airplanes and use
them to kill 3000 innocent people, I would love to meet them......And, I
doubt seriously if they are teaching their children in school that the only
thing that is important in life is to kill infidels in order to get into
heaven........