Finepix F11 or E900?

Old December 6th 05, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Finepix F11 or E900?

Are there any reviews yet on the E900? I am almost decided to get the F11 as
the E900 has some reports of poor autofocus and more 'noise' than the F11.
Like the idea of manual adjustments on the E900 and also the bigger pixel
count but the F11 (F10) has a really good review status and most of my
shooting will be point and shoot anyway - too many pixels on a CCD can be a
bad thing! The E900 is not that much more expensive than the F11 and is in
theory a much better spec - IN THEORY - still awaiting Steve's Digicams to
complete review - I respect his opinion - seems to be one of the better
review sites - amazing how many contradict each other on basic things like
noise and picture quality.

Old December 7th 05, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

SS wrote:

Are there any reviews yet on the E900? I am almost decided to get the F11 as
the E900 has some reports of poor autofocus and more 'noise' than the F11.
Like the idea of manual adjustments on the E900 and also the bigger pixel
count but the F11 (F10) has a really good review status and most of my
shooting will be point and shoot anyway - too many pixels on a CCD can be a
bad thing! The E900 is not that much more expensive than the F11 and is in
theory a much better spec - IN THEORY - still awaiting Steve's Digicams to
complete review - I respect his opinion - seems to be one of the better
review sites - amazing how many contradict each other on basic things like
noise and picture quality.

Here is a couple

http://www.photoxels.com/fujifilm-e900-review.html
http://reviews.designtechnica.com/ac...16587&weight=2

--
Sel ........

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html

http://sel.enternet.co.nz/weathersat.html
Old December 7th 05, 04:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

SS wrote:
Are there any reviews yet on the E900? I am almost decided to get the F11 as
the E900 has some reports of poor autofocus and more 'noise' than the F11.
Like the idea of manual adjustments on the E900 and also the bigger pixel
count but the F11 (F10) has a really good review status and most of my
shooting will be point and shoot anyway - too many pixels on a CCD can be a
bad thing! The E900 is not that much more expensive than the F11 and is in
theory a much better spec - IN THEORY - still awaiting Steve's Digicams to
complete review - I respect his opinion - seems to be one of the better
review sites - amazing how many contradict each other on basic things like
noise and picture quality.

I don't mean to dismiss steve's reviews, but I stopped reading them
long ago and the reason is that I felt he copies and pastes too much
from the marketting literature of the vendors.

Old December 7th 05, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

SS wrote:
Are there any reviews yet on the E900? I am almost decided to get the F11 as
the E900 has some reports of poor autofocus and more 'noise' than the F11.
Like the idea of manual adjustments on the E900 and also the bigger pixel
count but the F11 (F10) has a really good review status and most of my
shooting will be point and shoot anyway - too many pixels on a CCD can be a
bad thing! The E900 is not that much more expensive than the F11 and is in
theory a much better spec - IN THEORY - still awaiting Steve's Digicams to
complete review - I respect his opinion - seems to be one of the better
review sites - amazing how many contradict each other on basic things like
noise and picture quality.

BTW, how are those new fujifilm sensors? I have the f810 and I'm
wondering if the new sensors are better than it in any noticeable or
significant way.

Old December 7th 05, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Sel wrote:

SS wrote:
Are there any reviews yet on the E900? ...

Here are a couple:

http://www.photoxels.com/fujifilm-e900-review.html
http://reviews.designtechnica.com/ac...16587&weight=2

Here is a better one:

http://sugarmtnfarm.com/blog/2005/12...w-part-ii.html

Biggest issue for me with the E900 is the lack of white balance setting
in the (quick) F menu. Does the F11 have that?