[NG] Invitation to review a "Resource" page for the r.p.e.35mm

Old July 1st 04, 08:05 PM
Alan Browne

Default [NG] Invitation to review a "Resource" page for the r.p.e.35mm

I have composed a "Resource" web page for the newsgroup. It
contains a plain language description of the group, a link to the
official charter; a brief summary of "wishes" to ammend the
charter, a proposed code of behaviour, will contain "profiles" of
those who wish to be profiled (with/without links as may be
desired (see Dallas' suggestion in this respect).

Those who wish to review it, please send me your e-mail address.

I will reply to those I recognize as bonefide NGers with a link
to the proposed web page prototype. Once we get it 'honed in' it
can be posted for all to see and comment on.

I welcome (via e-mail) proposed additions, deletions,
clarifications, improvements, criticisms, etc.

Cheers,
Alan.

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Old July 1st 04, 08:55 PM
Steve Young

"Alan Browne" wrote

I have composed a "Resource" web page for the newsgroup. It
contains a plain language description of the group, a link to the
official charter; a brief summary of "wishes" to ammend the
charter, a proposed code of behaviour, will contain "profiles" of
those who wish to be profiled (with/without links as may be
desired (see Dallas' suggestion in this respect).

excellent! Alan

Those who wish to review it, please send me your e-mail address.

I'll give you my new email here and go ahead and send me the link.
My new email is: bowtie at brightdsl dot net.

This is sure good thinking! many groups have their own website.
Lotsa stuff we can do there, and it can absolutely compliment this forum

I will reply to those I recognize as bonefide NGers with a link
to the proposed web page prototype.

good! dittos to above

Once we get it 'honed in' it can be posted
for all to see and comment on.

Super! I look forward to perusing it, with the intent to comment
(unless it's a dog pack exclusive

I welcome (via e-mail) proposed additions, deletions,
clarifications, improvements, criticisms, etc.

yep!

My compliments and full support Alan

Old July 2nd 04, 06:22 AM
Tony Parkinson

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

I have composed a "Resource" web page for the newsgroup. It
contains a plain language description of the group, a link to the
official charter; a brief summary of "wishes" to ammend the
charter, a proposed code of behaviour, will contain "profiles" of
those who wish to be profiled (with/without links as may be
desired (see Dallas' suggestion in this respect).

Those who wish to review it, please send me your e-mail address.

Go on then, the email I use for this NG is valid, it just doesn't look valid
(i.e. leave the "nospam" in)

--
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like Grandpa did, not
screaming like the passengers in his car.

Old July 2nd 04, 01:17 PM
dslr

Tony Parkinson wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message

I have composed a "Resource" web page for the newsgroup. It
contains a plain language description of the group, a link to the
official charter; a brief summary of "wishes" to ammend the
charter, a proposed code of behaviour, will contain "profiles" of
those who wish to be profiled (with/without links as may be
desired (see Dallas' suggestion in this respect).

Those who wish to review it, please send me your e-mail address.

Go on then, the email I use for this NG is valid, it just doesn't
look valid (i.e. leave the "nospam" in)

Mine is done likewise,
Cheers.

--
regards,
dslr

Old July 2nd 04, 06:38 PM
Alan Browne

Alan Browne wrote:

I have composed a "Resource" web page for the newsgroup. It contains a
plain language description of the group, a link to the official charter;
a brief summary of "wishes" to ammend the charter, a proposed code of
behaviour, will contain "profiles" of those who wish to be profiled
(with/without links as may be desired (see Dallas' suggestion in this
respect).

Those who wish to review it, please send me your e-mail address.

Just a follow up ...

I've e-mailed some 24 recipients with the link to the page. Many
of those are getting it woithout asking. Some half dozen or so
have gone out to others who have requested the doc by e-mail.

I'm already getting constructive comments. A new revision will
likely come out in a few days.

Cheers,
Alan
--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Old July 5th 04, 08:55 PM
Alan Browne

Deathwalker wrote:

let me have it.

Old July 6th 04, 11:48 PM
Deathwalker

Thanks i'll read that next time i'm sober, erm... saturday at the latest