Second Curtain Sync with Bronica ETRSi & Metz 60 CT-4

Old December 5th 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
proteusguy

Default Second Curtain Sync with Bronica ETRSi & Metz 60 CT-4

I've been very happy with my ERTSi/Metz setup but, looking through
my Metz 60 CT-4 book, it implies strongly that I should be able to do
'second curtain sync' or 'delayed flash sync' with it but I can't
figure out how. I've got the SCA 386 TTL adapter for the Bronica/Metz
combo but no book for the adapter and can't find it online anywhere.
Is this a capability of this combo or not? Anyone know how I can do
this manually if its not an inherently supported feature?

thanx much,

-- Ben Scherrey
Old December 5th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
W Paul Mills

Old December 6th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ramiro

The second courtain sync is only for focal plane shutters. The Bronica
has a leaf shutter between lens.

Regards

Old December 6th 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Q.G. de Bakker

Ramiro wrote:

The second courtain sync is only for focal plane shutters. The Bronica
has a leaf shutter between lens.

Not quite true.
Though curtains are oly found in focal plane shutters, this type of
synchronization is also possible with leaf shutters.
What you need is a mechanism that fires the flash, not the moment the leafs
have cleared the aperture fully, but the moment they start closing again.

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-tailflash.html

Old December 6th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ramiro

Yes, it will be very interesting to have the possibility to sync not
when the leafs reach the max. open position, but just before they start
to close.

Anyway, answering the initial question: neither the Bronica lenses nor
the SCA 386 adapter has a delayed sync built inside.

Regards