C-22 Process

Old July 16th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

Default C-22 Process

I gained 30 rolls of Kodakolor X negative film, and use some rolls in
my Rolleiflex, but this film are developed in the C-22 process, and i
have no idea how to develop.
Somebody knows some alternative developing process for this film?

Thanks

Old July 16th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Scott Schuckert

In article . com,
wrote:

I gained 30 rolls of Kodakolor X negative film, and use some rolls in
my Rolleiflex, but this film are developed in the C-22 process, and i
have no idea how to develop.
Somebody knows some alternative developing process for this film?

I'm going to hope/assume this 30-year-old film has been frozen or
refrigerated, and that you're not planning on shooting any more of it.

While it probably possible to do some sort of B&W development at home,
you're far better off with one of the few remaining labs that can do
C-22. For example, try:

http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/c22.htm
Old July 17th 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Ken Hart

ups.com...

Film Rescue International www.filmrescue.com processes old films.

Old July 17th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

On Jul 17, 12:46 am, "Ken Hart" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

I gained 30 rolls of Kodakolor X negative film, and use some rolls in
my Rolleiflex, but this film are developed in the C-22 process, and i
have no idea how to develop.
Somebody knows some alternative developing process for this film?

Thanks

Film Rescue Internationalwww.filmrescue.comprocesses old films.

Tanks for the help

but I intend to develop the negative in my darkroom.
I already elaborate an alternative process for the ECN-2 (cinema),
and I go to try using fenidone developers (D-76) and Metol (ID-11)
If i have no sucess in none of these processes, I go to try to use
LOOR developer from Kodak, being varied the temperatures and times

So.....

Lets have some fun in the darkroom

Old July 17th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Scott Schuckert

In article .com,
wrote:

Tanks for the help

but I intend to develop the negative in my darkroom.
I already elaborate an alternative process for the ECN-2 (cinema),
and I go to try using fenidone developers (D-76) and Metol (ID-11)
If i have no sucess in none of these processes, I go to try to use
LOOR developer from Kodak, being varied the temperatures and times

So.....

Lets have some fun in the darkroom

Good luck to you.

I can't help but be curious; what is the purpose of this
experimentation? It can't be good pictures, as you have no chance of
that; it can't be to develop a useful darkroom technique, as there
won't be anymore Kodacolor X.
Old July 18th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

On 17 jul, 11:13, Scott Schuckert wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:
Tanks for the help

but I intend to develop the negative in my darkroom.
I already elaborate an alternative process for the ECN-2 (cinema),
and I go to try using fenidone developers (D-76) and Metol (ID-11)
If i have no sucess in none of these processes, I go to try to use
LOOR developer from Kodak, being varied the temperatures and times

So.....

Lets have some fun in the darkroom

Good luck to you.

I can't help but be curious; what is the purpose of this
experimentation? It can't be good pictures, as you have no chance of
that; it can't be to develop a useful darkroom technique, as there
won't be anymore Kodacolor X.

Scott

The purpouse is only experimental.
I have no idea on what waiting of the developing.
My hobby is to buy lots of old films to "make myself" dead processes,
like C-22 and ECN-2

Tanks

Old July 18th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

On 17 jul, 13:31, "Francis A. Miniter"
I gained 30 rolls of Kodakolor X negative film, and use some rolls in
my Rolleiflex, but this film are developed in the C-22 process, and i
have no idea how to develop.
Somebody knows some alternative developing process for this film?

Thanks

In the late 1990s, I think I published the formulae and process in this
newsgroup. I just now tried to retrieve it, but Google said that the archive is
temporarily not available.

If you cannot retrieve it from the archives, send me an email and I will scan
the page from the British Journal of Photography, whence I got it, and email you
the formulae and process.

Francis A. Miniter

Hi Francis

If you have the formulae, i will try to make it at home.
Maybe the old reagents have some difficult to find, but i can study
and make some adaptations.

IŽll look at the archives.

Tanks a lot

Old July 18th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

A citation I found for substitute formulas is The 1965
BJP Annual pages 263-264. Some of the reagents, in
particular the color developing agents, may not be available
now. The British Journal Almanack is not too difficult to
find, larger library systems will have it. I did not search
for on-line editions but try the new Google books search.
BTW, D-76 is _not_ a Phenidone developer, its Metol and
Hydroquinone.
In general, its possible to process older color films to
B&W silver negatives. They will have a "stain" because the
remaining color couplers are themselves colored, a way of
producing an automatic color correction mask. The dye can be
bleached out but once you do that the negatives can never be
redeveloped for color.
B&W development can be done in any standard B&W developer
but you will have to experiment to find the best times.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old July 20th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Francis A. Miniter

wrote:
[...]

FORMULAE

Developer (final pH 10.5 to 10.6)
Benzyl Alcohol 8.5 ml
Sodium Metaborate (Kodalk) 35.0 g
Trisodium Phosphate, crystalline 25.0 g
Sodium Sulfite, anhydrous 2.5 g
Potassium Bromide 1.5 g
Potassium Iodide 0.006 g
CD3 7.8 g
Water to make 1000 ml.

CD3 is available from Artcraft Chemicals, among other places.

Stop Bath (final pH of 4.3 to 4.7)
Glacial Acetic Acid 20.0 ml
Sodium Sulfite, anhydrous 10.0 g
Water to make 1000 ml

Hardener (final pH of 10.4 to 10.8)
Formalin (35-40% solution) 20.0 ml
Sodium Carbonate, anhydrous 10.0 g
Water to make 1000 ml.

Note: Formalin is hard to dissolve and requires extended heating to get even an
18% solution. Purchase of formaldehyde solution and recomputation of required
amount is recommended.

Bleach (pH 6.6 to 7.0) NOTE: E3/E4 Bleach may be substituted and acts faster
Potassium Nitrate, crystalline 25.0 g
Potassium Ferricyanide 20.0 g
Potassium Bromide 8.0 g
Boric Acid 5.0 g
Borax, crystalline 1.0 g
Water to make 1000 ml

Fixer (pH 4.4 to 4.6)
Ammonium Thiosulfate, crystalline 120 g
Potassium Metabisulfite 20 g
Water to make 1000 ml

Keeping Time:
Developer with CD3 two weeks
Developer w/o CD3 6 months

PROCESS

Color Developer 14 min. @ 75.0 F +/- 0.5 degrees
(optional 20 sec. rinse on way to stop bath)
Stop Bath 4 min @ 68 - 75 F
Hardener 4 min @ 68 - 75 F
Normal Lighting may be resumed.
Wash 4 min @ 68 - 75 F
Fixer 8 min @ 68 - 75 F
Final Wash 8 min @ 68 - 75 F

Working Capacities

Developer, Stop Bath 300 sq. in. per liter
Hardener, Bleach, Fixer 600 sq. in. per liter

Agitate first 15 seconds then 5 seconds per minute
Contrast is varied by raising or lowering KBr in developer.
If developed separately and sequentially, subsequent roll should get additional
30 seconds each.

Francis A. Miniter