ABANDONED CAR

Old November 18th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Cozmic Photo

Default ABANDONED CAR

Hello guys. I have been playing around with a friends Pentax 6X7
camera. It is a beautiful medium format camera that sounds like some
one is loading a shoot gun when it goes off. CanI please get some
feedback on the pictures?

http://www.cozmicphoto.com/CAR

I was trespassing when I took the pictures but sometimes you have to
do what ever t it takes to get the shoot.

Old November 19th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Matt Clara

"Cozmic Photo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello guys. I have been playing around with a friends Pentax 6X7
camera. It is a beautiful medium format camera that sounds like some
one is loading a shoot gun when it goes off. CanI please get some
feedback on the pictures?

I'd love to see them, but your site set off my anti-hacker software. Twice.

Old November 19th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
W Paul Mills

Old November 19th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Cozmic Photo

But what? I was looking for honest feedback.

W Paul Mills wrote:

--------------050700030307070907010004

begin:vcard
fn:W Paul Mills
n:Mills;W Paul
org:The Mills Chaos In The USA
adr:;;;Topeka;Kansas;;USA

title:Electronics Technician
note:Hint: remove -NOT
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://Mills-USA.com
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------050700030307070907010004--

Old November 19th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Cozmic Photo wrote:
Hello guys. I have been playing around with a friends Pentax 6X7
camera. It is a beautiful medium format camera that sounds like some
one is loading a shoot gun when it goes off. CanI please get some
feedback on the pictures?

http://www.cozmicphoto.com/CAR

I was trespassing when I took the pictures but sometimes you have to
do what ever t it takes to get the shoot.

Photos are cluttered messes to me.
Old November 20th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lobby Dosser

Alan Browne wrote:

I was trespassing when I took the pictures but sometimes you have
do what ever t it takes to get the shoot.

And spoil potential shoots for those who follow the law.
Old November 20th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
W Paul Mills

Old November 20th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Duncan

They are too busy and could have been taken equally well with 35mm so not
really a fair test, if that's what it is/was of the Pentax.

Like all cameras they are tools and you have to ask yourself which is the
most appropriate for the job you are doing.

Indeed 6x7's go off like a shotgun. My RB67 is a beast but seldom seems the
field and is used in the studio more often. I'd use my Hasselblads for
outdoor medium format work just because it's lighter, quieter and besides I
have a bag full of reflectors and filers as well.

Try a subject that would benefit from a 6x7 format, but no doubt the camera
is a joy to use.

Duncan

Old November 20th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

I was trespassing when I took the pictures but sometimes you have
do what ever t it takes to get the shoot.

And spoil potential shoots for those who follow the law.

I see a series in the making.

Old Car picture
Old Car with body of trespasser

Old November 20th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Rob Novak

On 18 Nov 2006 07:43:12 -0800, "Cozmic Photo"
wrote:

Hello guys. I have been playing around with a friends Pentax 6X7
camera. It is a beautiful medium format camera that sounds like some
one is loading a shoot gun when it goes off. CanI please get some
feedback on the pictures?

Way too cluttered. Too much fuzzy, indistinct stuff in the
foreground.

Primarily overexposed for the subject. There's one frame out of the
bunch that's properly exposed (second to last). If you boosted
contrast after scanning, don't.

Mostly, the subject is just lost in the frame. It's either burned
out, or it's surrounded by and covered with a lot of busy foliage.

Enjoy playing with the Pentax.
--
Central Maryland Photographer's Guild - http://www.cmpg.org
Strange, Geometrical Hinges - http://sgh.rnovak.net