Two D90 questions

Old September 24th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ole kvaal

Default Two D90 questions

Hi all.
My D90 is due to arrive tomorrow, but until then there are a couple of
things I'd rather sort out in advance:
- Is it true that the size of the memory cards differ from what is used
in my old D70s, in case, what specifications should I ask for in the shop?
- And also, is it true that there is no manual in the box? In case,
where do I find one? (I've checked Nikon.com but couldn't find any.)

Thanks in advance,
Ole K
Old September 24th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ole kvaal

ole kvaal wrote:
- Is it true that the size of the memory cards differ from what is used
in my old D70s,

Meaning the physical format, in breadth and width.

ole k
Old September 24th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Me

ole kvaal wrote:
ole kvaal wrote:
- Is it true that the size of the memory cards differ from what is
used in my old D70s,

Meaning the physical format, in breadth and width.

Yes -it uses the small SD Cards, the D70(s) uses CF (Compact flash).

Old September 24th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
No Spam[_4_]

"ole kvaal" wrote in message
Hi all.
My D90 is due to arrive tomorrow, but until then there are a couple of
things I'd rather sort out in advance:
- Is it true that the size of the memory cards differ from what is used in
my old D70s, in case, what specifications should I ask for in the shop?
- And also, is it true that there is no manual in the box? In case, where
do I find one? (I've checked Nikon.com but couldn't find any.)

Thanks in advance,
Ole K

Sounds like you've been scammed. Nikon ships with a manual, but some of the
Brooklyn scammers strip everything from the box, and try to re-sell that
stuff back to you.

It takes the SDHC card.

Old September 24th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
No Spam[_4_]

"Ole Kvaal" wrote in message
ole kvaal wrote:
- And also, is it true that there is no manual in the box? In case, where
do I find one? (I've checked Nikon.com but couldn't find any.)

Rgd the manual, I finally managed to dig up the path to the downloadable
version. Got it now. :-p

It is supposed to be in the package from the factory, as should a battery,
charger, strap, CDs and cables.

Old September 24th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

ole kvaal wrote:
My D90 is due to arrive tomorrow, but until then there are a couple of
things I'd rather sort out in advance:
- Is it true that the size of the memory cards differ from what is used
in my old D70s, in case, what specifications should I ask for in the shop?

It's not so much the size but more a completely different type. D70 used
Compact Flash, D80 and D90 are using SD and both support SDHC, too.

- And also, is it true that there is no manual in the box? In case,

No, that is not true. In a legitimate box the manual is included
together with EN-EL3e Battery, Quick Charger, Neck Strap, LCD Cover,
Body Cap, Eyepiece Cap, Rubber Eyecup, Accessory Shoe Cap, Software
CD-ROM, 1-Year Manufacturers Limited Warranty, and several cables.
Nikon does not ship the D90 without those items. If they are missing,
then you have been scammed.

where do I find one? (I've checked Nikon.com but couldn't find any.)

If the manual is missing I would contact the dealer, after all there is
a slim chance that it was an honest mistake.

If you bought a legitimate camera (not a gray import) then you can order
hardcopies of the manual from Nikon or download and print the manual,
see
http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...?p_faqid=16087

If you got a gray market camera then you can view the online manual, but
in order to print it you need to get creative because you need to
register your camera to get access to the officially printable version.

jue
Old September 24th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"No Spam" wrote in message ...

"ole kvaal" wrote in message
Hi all.
My D90 is due to arrive tomorrow, but until then there are a couple of
things I'd rather sort out in advance:
- Is it true that the size of the memory cards differ from what is used
in my old D70s, in case, what specifications should I ask for in the
shop?
- And also, is it true that there is no manual in the box? In case, where
do I find one? (I've checked Nikon.com but couldn't find any.)

Thanks in advance,
Ole K

Sounds like you've been scammed. Nikon ships with a manual, but some of
the Brooklyn scammers strip everything from the box, and try to re-sell
that stuff back to you.

It takes the SDHC card.

Sounds like you didn't read the OP, he hasn't recieved it in the mail yet.

Old September 24th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Maurice Blanchard[_4_]

"ole kvaal" a écrit dans le message de
Hi all.
My D90 is due to arrive tomorrow, but until then there are a couple of
things I'd rather sort out in advance:
- Is it true that the size of the memory cards differ from what is used
in my old D70s, in case, what specifications should I ask for in the shop?
- And also, is it true that there is no manual in the box? In case,
where do I find one? (I've checked Nikon.com but couldn't find any.)

return that crap and buy a Canon instead

Old September 24th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
pboud

Maurice Blanchard wrote:
"ole kvaal" a écrit dans le message de
Hi all.
My D90 is due to arrive tomorrow, but until then there are a couple of
things I'd rather sort out in advance:
- Is it true that the size of the memory cards differ from what is used
in my old D70s, in case, what specifications should I ask for in the shop?
- And also, is it true that there is no manual in the box? In case,
where do I find one? (I've checked Nikon.com but couldn't find any.)

return that crap and buy a Canon instead

yeah.. that way, Moe-moe here can sleep better at night knowing his
trolling is effective... I mean, as long as it's not *his* money we're
talking about.

P.
Old September 24th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Maurice Blanchard wrote:
"ole kvaal" a écrit dans le message de
Hi all.
My D90 is due to arrive tomorrow, but until then there are a couple of
things I'd rather sort out in advance:
- Is it true that the size of the memory cards differ from what is used
in my old D70s, in case, what specifications should I ask for in the shop?
- And also, is it true that there is no manual in the box? In case,
where do I find one? (I've checked Nikon.com but couldn't find any.)

return that crap and buy a Canon instead

Please show us your high quality Canon images...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.