Same old, same old

Old August 6th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
l v

Default Same old, same old

Troll Amplifier wrote:

Oh look, SMS is pulling up another one of his many sock-puppets. You'd
think his elastic would be worn out by now.

Um, no. To set the record straight. I am not SMS nor a false identity.
My email is valid. Real names are used. Unlike you, I have nothing
to hide.

--
Len

Posts from Google Groups are filtered by the country of origin.
Posts from nymshifter are filtered regardless of originating account.
Old August 6th 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Troll Amplifier

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:40:24 -0500, l v wrote:

Troll Amplifier wrote:

Oh look, SMS is pulling up another one of his many sock-puppets. You'd
think his elastic would be worn out by now.

Um, no. To set the record straight. I am not SMS nor a false identity.
My email is valid. Real names are used. Unlike you, I have nothing
to hide.

Wow! A yahoo mailbox! Yes, I believe you really are a different person now!
Especially with a real name like "I v". How's your parents doing, Mr. and
Mrs. v?

Did the overwhelming sarcasm come through? Sometimes sarcasm fails to get
conveyed in text properly.

exaggerated eye-roll
Old August 6th 09, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
l v

Troll Amplifier wrote:
Oh look, SMS is pulling up another one of his many sock-puppets. You'd
think his elastic would be worn out by now.

Um, no. To set the record straight. I am not SMS nor a false identity.
My email is valid. Real names are used. Unlike you, I have nothing
to hide.

Wow! A yahoo mailbox! Yes, I believe you really are a different person now!
Especially with a real name like "I v". How's your parents doing, Mr. and
Mrs. v?

Ah, your one of those type of people.

BTW, not I V, its L V.

The simplest of minds can figure out my full name. I make no attempts
to hide my name.

Yes. A yahoo address! I've had this account for ~20 years. Nothing
wrong with using yahoo accounts for email correspondence. It is real
and I read through it once a week. These type of accounts are commonly
used on the Internet to reduce spam emails to my real home email used
for family and friends.

The point is, the yahoo account I used *is* a real email address, unlike
your numerous invalid addresses.

--
Len

Posts from Google Groups are filtered by the country of origin.
Posts from Name-shifter are filtered regardless of account.
Reply's to Name-shifter are filtered as well.
Old August 6th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
SMS

PatM wrote:

Cool !!! You had a Yahoo account before Yahoo was created. You
should have bought stock then.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_did_yahoo_started

"What_year_did_yahoo_started"!

Did the author of this "WikiAnswer" learn English from the same school
as our favorite troll?!

I think Yahoo mail started in the mid-1990's, around when Hotmail
started, so 20 years would not be possible, though 15 years might be. I
got my Hotmail account the day they started service but there's so much
spam and no way to filter it. Gmail does a really good job of spam
filtering, plus the big advantage is that the support IMAP and POP3,
which Yahoo doesn't (you can pay extra for a yahoo account and get it,
but since it's free on Gmail why bother?).

In any case, I V is not me. I use my real e-mail address (munged) for
all my posts. I have no need to change my e-mail address with every
post, or create sock-puppet imaginary friends to be the only posters
that agree with me, like our favorite troll is fond of doing. He's not
even too clever doing that, since those posts get caught by the same
filter I use for him. Guess that an allegedly high IQ didn't make him
terribly clever!
Old August 6th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
l v

PatM wrote:

Cool !!! You had a Yahoo account before Yahoo was created. You
should have bought stock then.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_did_yahoo_started

It was a different name then Pat. I could be a bit off on the number of
years, but I did say approx 20. The one I was using merged into Yahoo's
email. The account name stayed since they advertised email for life.