26 Reasons to Choose a P&S Over a DSLR

Old July 14th 09, 10:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Charles E Hardwidge

Default 26 Reasons to Choose a P&S Over a DSLR

"Bob Larter" wrote in message
Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
"Bob Larter" wrote in message
Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
"Bob Larter" wrote in message
Paul Furman wrote:
"A HAND-HELD
2197mm f/3.5 image from a P&S camera (downsized only, no crop):
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3141/...1dbdb8ac_o.jpg "

:-)

Simply astonishing!!!!
If only we had superman skills & clever inexpensive gear like that.

grin

1) The focus is on the brids tail, not its head,
2) The eye isn't visible,
3) Noisy,
4) No shadow detail.

There's some green and purple crap on the grey feathers, and some green
crap in the extreme bottom right corner.

I was being kind. ;^)

I don't really like to criticise but your comment prompted me to take
another look. I don't have anything to compare it with but there's, also,
sensor artefacts (if that's what those lines are) covering the whole
thing. The camera obviously has its limits and the shot itself doesn't
make the best of those.

It's crawling with sharpening glitches as well, which does help any.

I'm not quite sure what to look for so I'll take your word on that.

I know my A590 sensor and lens has limits whether CHDK raw or JPEG, and I've
had a play with noise reduction in post. CHDK raw and Noise Ninja are
definitely better than the JPEG but fixing a complex shot is more difficult.
A better and less noisy camera is on the cards further down the line but I'm
just treating things now as a learning exercise.

--
Charles E Hardwidge

Old July 14th 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Playin' Wid Da Trolls wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 04:54:50 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg
A 72mm lens. On a 5.9x crop sensor.

know. Do take the shallow DOF into account. I recall the OP of that photo
saying the twigs behind the bird were only about 5 ft. away. Work out the
true f/ratio in your pea-brain from that if you must.

According to the EXIF it's 3.5 and the focal length is 72mm.
On a 5.9x crop sensor. And what *you* "recall" someone /said/
says more about you ...

You ****in' psychotic fool.

.... found out again.

-Wolfgang
Old July 14th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Noons

Default Idiot troll

DRS wrote,on my timestamp of 14/07/2009 8:09 AM:

Of course, it would also help if people would remove r.p.d from the
cross-posting list because that's where the idiot lives. I've taken to
filtering every thread that is cross-posted to there and my crap post count
has dropped about 90%.

Don't expect this bunch of scammers to stop cross-posting anytime, even though
they'll readily admit doing so...
Old July 14th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Art Deco wrote:
On Jul 14, 3:44 am, Bob Larter wrote:
P 'n S Envy wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 05:14:53 +1000, Bob Larter
wrote:
Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
"Bob Larter" wrote in message
Paul Furman wrote:
"A HAND-HELD
2197mm f/3.5 image from a P&S camera (downsized only, no crop):
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3141/3060429818_b01dbdb8ac_o.jpg"
:-)
Simply astonishing!!!!
If only we had superman skills & clever inexpensive gear like that.
grin
1) The focus is on the brids tail, not its head,
2) The eye isn't visible,
3) Noisy,
4) No shadow detail.
There's some green and purple crap on the grey feathers, and some green
crap
in the extreme bottom right corner.
I was being kind. ;^)
Right on demand, more sour grapes! LOL
We're still waiting for any kind of image at all taken at just 1800mm
focal-length at f/3.5 from ANY DSLR, let alone over 2100mm at f/3.5.

Let's see one of yours from an 1800mm P&S, kook. ;^)

Just for clarification, that's not my photo.

Gosh, what a surprise. I'm still looking forward to seeing one of those
amazing photos of *yours* that you keep on wanking about.
--
Lionel

Show P n S Envy your photo of you in your new "Red Corset":

http://sex4adults.net/shemalerevenge...d-galls/12.jpg
--
Art Deco

Old July 18th 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
l v

Oh The TROLLS wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 19:36:17 GMT, "Charles E Hardwidge"
wrote:

I have no idea if you're American but your service provider is, and the last
time I checked impersonation on the internet was a criminal offence in
America.

http://www.ic3.gov/

Impersonation would matter if you had anything important to ever say. Don't
flatter yourself.

Ah, but now the real Vance would have a legitimate right to send a
complaint to the following and get your Minnesotan ass a spanking.

complaint properly

--
Len