Nikon D90 ackward Canadian packaging

Old October 1st 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Nikon D90 ackward Canadian packaging

These remarks are from a person who lives in a country that to vote they do
it by pulling a lever because you are all too stupid to mark an X on a piece
of paper.

So keep your smart arse remarks about Canada and Canadians to yourself.

"frank" wrote in message
On Sep 30, 8:33 am, "Darrell A. Larose" wrote:
The outer box is 9"x9l"x13h" with the 18~105 VR kit. My shelves are 11"
high, so the box will be laid down so markings are hidden, or the outer
shell gets tossed. Nikon Canada seems to make a point of changing the
boxes
and box layout. The D700 is an ackward size, but it fits the shelf because
they don't bundle it with a lens. Many stores have fixed 12" shelves!

Typical of Nikon Canada...

Hey get over it. You're Canadian.

When you invented the car, you put square tires on it. It went canuck,
canuck, canuck...then GM opened plants for you.

Your Navy is a Canoe and a pair of beavers with a Mountie.

What do you expect, you end sentences with 'eh'.

Then again, WE have Bush as president, and McCain on the ticket.
Sooooooo........maybe its a wash, eh?

Old October 1st 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Blinky the Shark

dwight wrote:

"Blinky the Shark" wrote in message
news
Pboud wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Pboud wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Pboud wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Darrell A. Larose wrote:

The outer box is 9"x9l"x13h" with the 18~105 VR kit. My shelves are
11"
high, so the box will be laid down so markings are hidden, or the
outer
shell gets tossed. Nikon Canada seems to make a point of changing
the boxes
and box layout. The D700 is an ackward size, but it fits the shelf
because
they don't bundle it with a lens. Many stores have fixed 12"
shelves!

Typical of Nikon Canada...
Is "ackward" a Canadian word?

Yes.. if you're really nice, we may allow you to use it. It's got
it's
roots in Bill the Cat.
Phbt.

How much will it cost me?

According to the ACK! treaty, it'll cost you a beer... a real one, not
one of those .000000031% you guys use down there..

Hey, enough of those and you still get adequate alcohol...

uh huh...That's like drinking decaf, man... it's only pretend... quit
fronting..

I don't do caffiene, so that sounds okay to me. At 61, I'm still young
enough that I don't need it to stay awake.

At 61, you don't have the time to waste sleeping. Quit foolin'.

There's that, too.

dwight
(right behind ya)

looks around

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old October 1st 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
dwight[_2_]

"G" wrote in message

These remarks are from a person who lives in a country that to vote they
do
it by pulling a lever because you are all too stupid to mark an X on a
piece
of paper.

So keep your smart arse remarks about Canada and Canadians to yourself.

Paper? That's so last century. And off-topic for rec.photo.digital...

I won't be happy until I can vote from right here. I'm online anyway, why
make me actually GO somewhere to vote?

dwight

Old October 1st 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
pboud

Pboud wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Pboud wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Pboud wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Darrell A. Larose wrote:

[...]

Fair enough :P
At 61, you don't have the time to waste sleeping. Quit foolin'.

There's that, too.

dwight
(right behind ya)

looks around

Isn't this the spot for the Ninja tie-in? I notice the rest of this
thread kinda drifted into a nasty area.

P.
Old October 2nd 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"Darrell A. Larose" wrote in message
The outer box is 9"x9l"x13h" with the 18~105 VR kit. My shelves are
11" high, so the box will be laid down so markings are hidden, or
the outer shell gets tossed. Nikon Canada seems to make a point of
changing the boxes and box layout. The D700 is an ackward size, but
it fits the shelf because they don't bundle it with a lens. Many
stores have fixed 12" shelves!

Typical of Nikon Canada...

I can supply a press that would squeeze the 13" high boxes down to
11".
There might be a problem for the 91" long box though.

Old October 3rd 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Blinky the Shark

Frank Arthur wrote:

"Darrell A. Larose" wrote in message
The outer box is 9"x9l"x13h" with the 18~105 VR kit. My shelves are
11" high, so the box will be laid down so markings are hidden, or
the outer shell gets tossed. Nikon Canada seems to make a point of
changing the boxes and box layout. The D700 is an ackward size, but
it fits the shelf because they don't bundle it with a lens. Many
stores have fixed 12" shelves!

Typical of Nikon Canada...

I can supply a press that would squeeze the 13" high boxes down to
11".
There might be a problem for the 91" long box though.

For those, you use a rack stretcher.