D80

Old March 31st 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default D80

I considering a D80 Nikon any feed back would be appreciated.

Old March 31st 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

"G" wrote:
I considering a D80 Nikon any feed back would be appreciated.

Nice camera, I'm very happy with it.
Was there anyting substantial that you wanted to ask?

jue
Old March 31st 08, 07:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
IV III

"G" a écrit dans le message de
I considering a D80 Nikon any feed back would be appreciated.

why a D80 ???

Old March 31st 08, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
armpit

"G" wrote in message
I considering a D80 Nikon any feed back would be appreciated.

I'm happy with mine. For me, it was the best choice for the money I was
wanting to spend.

Old March 31st 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

--

I find my D80 to be the most enjoyable and usefull camera I've ever
owned.

Old March 31st 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
pboud

Frank Arthur wrote:
"G" wrote in message
I considering a D80 Nikon any feed back would be appreciated.

--

I find my D80 to be the most enjoyable and usefull camera I've ever
owned.
If you aren't happy with a D80 then will will never be happy.

I've got the D70, so you're getting the 'next gen' version, but I can't
say enough about it. It's a great stepping stone if you're looking to
get skills up so you can move on/up, and it's a solid camera all around
if you're looking to stick with it.

P.
Old March 31st 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
BRH

G wrote:
I considering a D80 Nikon any feed back would be appreciated.

I'm happy with mone. Was there something specific that you wnated to know?
Old March 31st 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Andrew Koenig

"G" wrote in message

I considering a D80 Nikon any feed back would be appreciated.

I have thought seriously about buying a D80 and did not do so for two
reasons: Dust reduction and Live View.

Both the D60 and D300 -- i.e. the newer models on either side of the D80 --
offer both of these features; the D80 offers neither of them. To me this
says that Nikon is going to have to replace the D80 by a new version (D80s?
D90?) that is similar to the D80 but does offer them.

The D60, in turn, is limited in that it works only with AF-S lenses.

So if I were going to buy a Nikon DSLR today, I would grit my teeth and buy
the D300, even though I don't need all of its capabilities and would rather
not spend that much money if I had a choice.

Old March 31st 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"Andrew Koenig" wrote in message
"G" wrote in message

I considering a D80 Nikon any feed back would be appreciated.

I have thought seriously about buying a D80 and did not do so for
two reasons: Dust reduction and Live View.

Both the D60 and D300 -- i.e. the newer models on either side of the
D80 -- offer both of these features; the D80 offers neither of
them. To me this says that Nikon is going to have to replace the
D80 by a new version (D80s? D90?) that is similar to the D80 but
does offer them.

The D60, in turn, is limited in that it works only with AF-S lenses.

So if I were going to buy a Nikon DSLR today, I would grit my teeth
and buy the D300, even though I don't need all of its capabilities
and would rather not spend that much money if I had a choice.

In two years of D80 use I have no dust problems. If a person has a
NEED for Live View then of course don't buy a D80. I personally cannot
imagine my being Live View deprived and find I could continue to take
pictures for the rest of my life without the Live View feature.
I'm sure there will by yet a newer version Nikon with features not
even thought of by present Nikon users. IF you are the type who MUST
have that gratification then prepare to buy a new camera a year or
suffer the "hardship" of not having the latest gadget.

Old March 31st 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charlie Groh

"G" wrote in message

[...]

I agree. I've had my D300 since it came out and experimented *once*
with Live View, I guess I'm old fashioned and simply like looking
through the viewfinder (all the info there,etc.,etc...)...my brother
owns a D80 and loves it.

Charlie Groh