C-22 Process

Old July 26th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
UC

Default C-22 Process

On Jul 25, 10:59 pm, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
UC wrote:
On Jul 16, 4:23 pm, wrote:

I gained 30 rolls of Kodakolor X negative film, and use some rolls in
my Rolleiflex, but this film are developed in the C-22 process, and i
have no idea how to develop.
Somebody knows some alternative developing process for this film?

Thanks

The film is at least 30 years old. Throw it away.

I have successfully developed 30+ yr old C-22 film that was stored in a hot
attic for at least 20 of those years. And Film Rescue uses more refined
techniques than I did.

Francis A. Miniter

WHY bother with 30-year old film?

Old July 26th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Francis A. Miniter

wrote:

UC wrote:

On Jul 16, 4:23 pm, wrote:

I gained 30 rolls of Kodakolor X negative film, and use some rolls in
my Rolleiflex, but this film are developed in the C-22 process, and i
have no idea how to develop.
Somebody knows some alternative developing process for this film?

Thanks

The film is at least 30 years old. Throw it away.

I have successfully developed 30+ yr old C-22 film that was stored in a hot
attic for at least 20 of those years. And Film Rescue uses more refined
techniques than I did.

Francis A. Miniter

WHY bother with 30-year old film?

To find out what was on the film? You have to have a sense of adventure! Maybe
it shows Gerald Ford's golf ball hitting a spectator.

Francis A. Miniter
Old July 26th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

On Jul 25, 10:44 am, UC wrote:
On Jul 16, 4:23 pm, wrote:

I gained 30 rolls of Kodakolor X negative film, and use some rolls in
my Rolleiflex, but this film are developed in the C-22 process, and i
have no idea how to develop.
Somebody knows some alternative developing process for this film?

Thanks

The film is at least 30 years old. Throw it away.

No way.

The adventure are in the rescue of old processes.

Old July 26th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

wrote:

UC wrote:

On Jul 16, 4:23 pm, wrote:

I gained 30 rolls of Kodakolor X negative film, and use some rolls in
my Rolleiflex, but this film are developed in the C-22 process, and i
have no idea how to develop.
Somebody knows some alternative developing process for this film?

Thanks

The film is at least 30 years old. Throw it away.

I have successfully developed 30+ yr old C-22 film that was stored in a hot
attic for at least 20 of those years. And Film Rescue uses more refined
techniques than I did.

Francis A. Miniter

WHY bother with 30-year old film?

To find out what was on the film? You have to have a sense of adventure! Maybe
it shows Gerald Ford's golf ball hitting a spectator.

Francis A. Miniter- Hide quoted text -

Talking about my tests (using my poor english)

1- Using D-76 Developer - I can see shadows, but have a heavy fog. I
try to use the E-6 and C41 Bleach... They remove de emulsion

2- Usind ID-11 - Nothing....

3- Using C-41 Developer in 37.8º C - Remove the emulsion

I will try again, using C41 developer in 25ºC

......5 rolls destroyed, have only more 25

Talking about chemicals

The brutal difference between Our coutries is the facility to find
some products.
The CD-3 Is impossible to find in Brasil, and Metol too
In all of my tests, i need to look hard and find a way to locate and
buy the reagents. Sometimes i find big problems

In these weekend i will make more tests, and post the results here

Old July 27th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

"Rod Smith" wrote in message
In article
.com,
writes:

The purpouse is only experimental.
I have no idea on what waiting of the developing.
My hobby is to buy lots of old films to "make myself"
dead processes,
like C-22 and ECN-2

Although C-22 can reasonably be described as a "dead"
process, it being
30+ years since it was replaced by C-41, ECN-2 is current.
It's still used
by modern motion picture films. If you're interested in
experimenting with
it, check this APUG post:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum216/...orial-use.html

That post includes a set of formulas for ECN-2 chemistry
along with
directions for use. You could conceivably find some good
deals on "short
ends" -- unused bits of motion picture films that are too
short to be of
interest to movie studios but long enough to be cut into
rolls for use in
35mm still cameras. Back in the 1970s and 1980s, several
outfits in the US
bought up such film and resold it to still photographers,
but AFAIK they
all switched to C-41 films in the early 1990s. My own
experience is that
C-41 films are superior for still photography, presumably
because of the
contrast issues mentioned in the discussions area of the
link I presented.
Still, if you want to experiment with unusual processes,
this one might be
worth trying. You'll also be able to find in-date ECN-2
film -- a claim
that can't be made for C-22 film any more!

--
Rod Smith,
http://www.rodsbooks.com

The "short ends" could actually be quite a bit of film.
Producers commonly "bank" film, that is, buy a lot of film
with the same lot number to insure uniformity and the
ability to intercut without mismatches. Kodak claims their
consistency is good enough so this is not necessary any
longer but I think its still a practice. In any case, once
photography is finished the left over film becomes a
liability and is sold off. For many years there have been
dealers who specialized in buying up this left over film and
selling it to small producers, amateurs, or cutting it up
for still cameras.
For a long time most motion picture color film, at least
Kodak film, had an anti-halation and anti-static backing
called Rem-Jet. This backing was removed in the automatic
processing machines by a jets of hot water sprayed onto the
film before it entered the development section. When these
films are developed in a normal "one hour" machine on in a
home processing tank the backing comes off during processing
leaving a hard to remove gummy black residue all over the
machine. This backing is no longer used on most current
motion picture stock although its still found on Kodachrome.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old November 18th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
µàã ²äÚÛ Éâã

Щт Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:23:50 -0700, observador1970 цкщеу:

I gained 30 rolls of Kodakolor X negative film, and use some rolls in my
Rolleiflex, but this film are developed in the C-22 process, and i have
no idea how to develop.
Somebody knows some alternative developing process for this film?

Thanks

高
фкшуд зкщÑуыыщк

--