Problems With Olympus 3030 & 4000 Camera's

Old June 12th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital

Default Problems With Olympus 3030 & 4000 Camera's

"Marvin Culpepper" wrote in message
I have an Olympus 3030 I am currently using and have also owned 3000 and
4000 models. I have had all of these cameras have problems reading smart
media cards. Sometimes the cameras will read the cards other times I get
error and try to format cards in camera and that does not work either. If
reinstall the card a number of times the camera might evidentually read
the
card. This has happened to 3 cameras and 4 or 5 different cards. I am
curious if other Olympus users have had this problem. If you have any
ideas
you can contact me at .

This was one problem with smart media and part of the reason it was made
obsolete a few years ago. I had a Fuji 6800z and every once in a while I had
to eject and reinsert the card to make it read. Clean the card with a pink
type pencil eraser (pink usually has grit in it). Spray some electrical
contact cleaner on the card contacts and wipe off with a lint free cloth.
John

Old June 12th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital

"Marvin Culpepper" wrote in message
I have an Olympus 3030 I am currently using and have also owned 3000 and
4000 models. I have had all of these cameras have problems reading smart
media cards. Sometimes the cameras will read the cards other times I get
error and try to format cards in camera and that does not work either. If
reinstall the card a number of times the camera might evidentually read
the
card. This has happened to 3 cameras and 4 or 5 different cards. I am
curious if other Olympus users have had this problem. If you have any
ideas
you can contact me at .

I had the 2020Z and 4000 with about 25 SmartMedia Cards (PNY and
Olympus)...never experienced that problem. Did you buy good quality cards
with gold plated contacts? Could be a contact oxidation problem...

Old June 12th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital

"Marvin Culpepper" wrote in
I have an Olympus 3030 I am currently using and have also owned 3000
and 4000 models. I have had all of these cameras have problems reading
smart media cards. Sometimes the cameras will read the cards other
times I get error and try to format cards in camera and that does not
work either. If I reinstall the card a number of times the camera
might evidentually read the card. This has happened to 3 cameras and 4
or 5 different cards. I am curious if other Olympus users have had
this problem.

My every old Olympus had this problem.

If you have any ideas you can contact me at .

Why?

--
Matti Vuori, http://sivut.koti.soon.fi/mvuori/index-e.htm

Old June 12th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital

I have an Olympus 3030 I am currently using and have also owned 3000 and
4000 models. I have had all of these cameras have problems reading smart
media cards. Sometimes the cameras will read the cards other times I get
error and try to format cards in camera and that does not work either. If I