purchasing a new camera

Old March 23rd 06, 09:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default purchasing a new camera

I am currently looking at:
Panasonic DMC-FZ7. It has relatively good marsk in various reviews

Canon Powershot A620 also looks good
(http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona620/)

as does: Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom
(http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...nepixe900z.asp)

All three camera's are in the same price group and the features are quite
similar. I would like someone to give some recommendations as the time has
definitively come for me to change my aging Fuji FinePix 304 after I made
over 8000 shots with it.

Old March 23rd 06, 09:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.zlr

Agron wrote:
I am currently looking at:
Panasonic DMC-FZ7. It has relatively good marsk in various reviews

Canon Powershot A620 also looks good
(http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona620/)

as does: Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom
(http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...nepixe900z.asp)

All three camera's are in the same price group and the features are
quite similar. I would like someone to give some recommendations as
the time has definitively come for me to change my aging Fuji FinePix
304 after I made over 8000 shots with it.

You might want to ask in the ZLR group:

rec.photo.digital.zlr

as that is the group for fully controllable, SLR format cameras like the
Panasonic FZ7. I'll cross-post and set follow-ups there.

I have the Panasonic FZ5 and my wife the FZ20, and we have both been
delighted with the cameras. The image stabilisation works very well
indeed, and I would never wish to have a camera without IS in the future.

David