Tucson spring flowers

Old February 23rd 04, 06:30 PM
Peter D. Tillman

Default Tucson spring flowers

--are starting to appear, and it's raining as I write this. Assuming
this turns out to be a decent storm, we may have a decent spring show...
[crosses fingers]

Anyway, I took an afternoon walk yesterday on "A" mountain, and was
pleasantly surprised with a nice show of bladderpods, bluedicks (brodea
sp?) and a few brittlebush. Plus a nice green fuzz in the desert,
prominsing more to come, given H2O.

This was on the trail that starts from the saddle where the
round-the-mountain road becomes one-way. Conveniently for photographers,
the best flowers were within 100 yds of the trailhead, and make a nice
contrast to the dark volcanic cobbles they're growing in -- and being
warmed by, which is why they're early.

Nothing else I've seen around town (N side), except the odd early
brittlebush.

Any other flower previews for AZ?

Cheers -- Pete Tillman
Tucson (Catalina foothills)