New Sigma WA finally looms

Old July 10th 09, 02:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default New Sigma WA finally looms

There's a rumor abroad in the land that the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 lens will
finally be out in August (a measly five months after it was announced). B&H
still doesn't mention it; but as of today, Adorama is taking orders ($650 US).
So if anybody reads or hears of a reputable review of said lens, please post a
link forthwith!! :^)

Bob
Old July 10th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
NOYFB

Galaxy Camera in Ottawa, Canada got stock of them today, they also have had
the Pentax K7 for over a week now...

Old July 10th 09, 11:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Kilpatrick

Robert Coe wrote:
There's a rumor abroad in the land that the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 lens will
finally be out in August (a measly five months after it was announced). B&H
still doesn't mention it; but as of today, Adorama is taking orders ($650 US).
So if anybody reads or hears of a reputable review of said lens, please post a
link forthwith!! :^)

Bob

I have one arriving in a day or so for review. Sigma have asked me for
some early words about it as no-one else has seen it yet in the UK. It's
coming in Nikon fit and will therefore be used on the D5000 (which was
due to go back to Nikon to see if there was a fault with the awful sound
quality in video - but that will now have to wait).

I will post a review to the EU Sigma User website and to dPhotoexpert.
It should take all of five minutes to find out whether the lens
delivers, that's how it took to find out that the new Tamron was not an
option for the discerning wide-angle connoisseur.

David

--
Icon Publications Ltd, Maxwell Place, Maxwell Lane, Kelso TD5 7BB
VAT Reg No GB458101463 - Tel +44 1573 226032
Old July 10th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether[_3_]

"Robert Coe" wrote in message ...

There's a rumor abroad in the land that the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 lens will
finally be out in August (a measly five months after it was announced). B&H
still doesn't mention it; but as of today, Adorama is taking orders ($650 US).
So if anybody reads or hears of a reputable review of said lens, please post a
link forthwith!! :^)

Bob

OT, but Nikon now has a 10-24mm f3.5-4.5G ED-IF S available for
not a lot more money...
http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...5-4.5G-ED.html
--DR

Old July 10th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Ruether[_3_]

"David Ruether" wrote in message ...
"Robert Coe" wrote in message ...

There's a rumor abroad in the land that the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 lens will
finally be out in August (a measly five months after it was announced). B&H
still doesn't mention it; but as of today, Adorama is taking orders ($650 US).
So if anybody reads or hears of a reputable review of said lens, please post a
link forthwith!! :^)

Bob

OT, but Nikon now has a 10-24mm f3.5-4.5G ED-IF S available for
not a lot more money...
http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...5-4.5G-ED.html
--DR

Don' cha luv web pages with URLs that don't work? How do they
expect to sell anything? Let's see if going through a root page works.
http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...ses/index.page

Old July 11th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

David Ruether wrote:
David Ruether wrote:
Robert Coe wrote:

There's a rumor abroad in the land that the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 lens will
finally be out in August (a measly five months after it was announced). B&H
still doesn't mention it; but as of today, Adorama is taking orders ($650 US).
So if anybody reads or hears of a reputable review of said lens, please post a
link forthwith!! :^)

OT, but Nikon now has a 10-24mm f3.5-4.5G ED-IF S available for
not a lot more money...
http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...5-4.5G-ED.html

Don' cha luv web pages with URLs that don't work?

The first link works for me.
$830 street price is not cheap.
The commenter on the following page says it's soft in the corners:
http://reviews.photographyreview.com...5-45g-ed-lens/

www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

Old July 11th 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , David Ruether
wrote:

OT, but Nikon now has a 10-24mm f3.5-4.5G ED-IF S available for
not a lot more money...

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...2181/AF-S-DX-N
IKKOR-10-24mm-f%252F3.5-4.5G-ED.html

Don' cha luv web pages with URLs that don't work?

works fine here.
Old July 11th 09, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Don Wiss

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, David Kilpatrick wrote:

I have one arriving in a day or so for review. Sigma have asked me for

I will post a review to the EU Sigma User website and to dPhotoexpert.

Could you please also post it here to this thread? Or at least a link to
the web article (that won't require registering to view).

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old July 11th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 21:15:58 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:
: There's a rumor abroad in the land that the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 lens will
: finally be out in August (a measly five months after it was announced). B&H
: still doesn't mention it; but as of today, Adorama is taking orders ($650 US).
: So if anybody reads or hears of a reputable review of said lens, please post a
: link forthwith!! :^)

The day after I wrote that, the lens showed up, in stock, on the B&H Web site
for the same price, plus &10 shipping. I think Adorama ships it free, but they
still didn't have it in stock.

But I won't consider buying it until I've seen some reviews and a comparison
with the Tokina 11-16 (which neither B&H nor Adorama has in stock).

The specs indicate that the new lens doesn't come with the traditional Sigma
case. Bummer.

Bob
Old July 11th 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Kilpatrick

Robert Coe wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 21:15:58 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:
: There's a rumor abroad in the land that the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 lens will
: finally be out in August (a measly five months after it was announced). B&H
: still doesn't mention it; but as of today, Adorama is taking orders ($650 US).
: So if anybody reads or hears of a reputable review of said lens, please post a
: link forthwith!! :^)

The day after I wrote that, the lens showed up, in stock, on the B&H Web site
for the same price, plus &10 shipping. I think Adorama ships it free, but they
still didn't have it in stock.

But I won't consider buying it until I've seen some reviews and a comparison
with the Tokina 11-16 (which neither B&H nor Adorama has in stock).

The specs indicate that the new lens doesn't come with the traditional Sigma
case. Bummer.

It is an EX lens and comes with a case (belt strap only, no neckstrap),
hood and caps.

David