[SI] Special category: Kodachrome

Old July 2nd 09, 01:25 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default [SI] Special category: Kodachrome

Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If you've
shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send them in. Show
us what you liked about Kodachrome (any speed or variation of emulsion).
Show us your oldest Kodachrome shots and how they've held up. The older the
better.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/kodachrome

Old July 2nd 09, 05:17 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Uh oh!

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:25:35 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If you've
shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send them in. Show
us what you liked about Kodachrome (any speed or variation of emulsion).
Show us your oldest Kodachrome shots and how they've held up. The older the
better.

http://www.spamlink.com/shootin/kodachrome

Or not.

Sounds like a plagiarists dream.

Old July 2nd 09, 10:07 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete D

"Bowser" wrote in message
. com...
Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If you've
shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send them in.
Show us what you liked about Kodachrome (any speed or variation of
emulsion). Show us your oldest Kodachrome shots and how they've held up.
The older the better.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/kodachrome

Might have to load up with some I have in the cupboard gathering dust.

Personally I am normally a RealA person.

Old July 2nd 09, 03:53 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Marvin[_2_]

Bowser wrote:
Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If
you've shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send
them in. Show us what you liked about Kodachrome (any speed or variation
of emulsion). Show us your oldest Kodachrome shots and how they've held
up. The older the better.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/kodachrome

I never liked the way Kodachrome displayed colors
over-intensely. I won't miss it. One of the things I like
about digital photography is the ability to control color
rendition.
Old July 2nd 09, 04:11 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Uh oh! wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:25:35 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If you've
shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send them in. Show
us what you liked about Kodachrome (any speed or variation of emulsion).
Show us your oldest Kodachrome shots and how they've held up. The older the
better.

http://www.%spamlink*.com/shootin/kodachrome

Or not.

Sounds like a plagiarists dream.

Where the hell did the "spamlink" link come from?
Old July 2nd 09, 04:13 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Marvin wrote:
Bowser wrote:
Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If
you've shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send
them in. Show us what you liked about Kodachrome (any speed or
variation of emulsion). Show us your oldest Kodachrome shots and how
they've held up. The older the better.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/kodachrome

I never liked the way Kodachrome displayed colors over-intensely. I
won't miss it. One of the things I like about digital photography is
the ability to control color rendition.

You have company on that one, but I really liked the way Kodachrome
displayed whites and how it looked for landscapes. Flesh tones were OK,
but you had to like the films overall look in order to live with it.
Also, I agree it's no competition for a good digital camera, and that's
why it's gone. But for those of us who have been shooting since the 60s,
and earlier, we may have some fond memories of what was a great film.

Old July 2nd 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Calan

Default Special category: Kodachrome

One of the reasons why I am into photography, not to the same degree
as most of you but very interested none the less, I love looking at
photographs. I can't get enough of them, unless they're all the same.
It's great to be able to capture time in a photograph or capture a
perfect moment that normally wouldn't register because it went by too
quickly.

Those pictures were terrific.

Alan
On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 08:55:28 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980
wrote:

Here's one from 1948, not taken by me, obviously.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/73548875

I think I've taken a roll or two of Kodachrome. I'll have to look for
them.

Old July 2nd 09, 08:46 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

s.com...

Uh oh! wrote:

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:25:35 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

Kodachrome is gone soon, but the images will live quite a while. If
you've shot some Kodachrome, find some good ones, scan them and send
them in. Show us what you liked about Kodachrome (any speed or
variation of emulsion). Show us your oldest Kodachrome shots and how
they've held up. The older the better.

http://www.%spamlink*.com/shootin/kodachrome

Or not.

Sounds like a plagiarists dream.

Where the hell did the "spamlink" link come from?

Um, Pbase = spam.

Pbase, the photosite, is spam? Since when?

Old July 2nd 09, 08:49 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"John Navas" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 11:13:49 -0400, Bowser wrote in
:

Marvin wrote:

I never liked the way Kodachrome displayed colors over-intensely. I
won't miss it. One of the things I like about digital photography is
the ability to control color rendition.

You have company on that one, but I really liked the way Kodachrome
displayed whites and how it looked for landscapes. Flesh tones were OK,
but you had to like the films overall look in order to live with it.
Also, I agree it's no competition for a good digital camera, and that's
why it's gone. But for those of us who have been shooting since the 60s,
and earlier, we may have some fond memories of what was a great film.

It's gone because it's too expensive to manufacture and too difficult to
process as compared to more modern slide films that have now matched or
surpassed it in terms of quality.

I always preferred the look of K25 to the new stuff, but that's highly
subjective, of course. Never cared for Velvia, or any of the hypersaturated
films. Some of the Kodak Ektachromes weren't too bad, but I always went back
to K25. Of course, shooting at ASA 25 was a real issue. and yes, it was a
money loser.

Can't compete with digital, though.