Photo of Monastery

Old May 10th 10, 09:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris H

Default Photo of Monastery

In message , GMAN
writes
In article , "mmyvusenet"
wrote:
Hello:

I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
catholic church?

I agree... I think most of us do except Tony who is an apologist for the
Catholic church.

However I think the real problem is not that they are all snaps of
Catholic Churches it is just they at they are not very good or
inspiring.

Old May 31st 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

"John Turco" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote:

Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?

Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
churches is "brainwashed"?

edited

Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
news:rec.photo.digital is simply full of intolerant posters. These
arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
them appear open-minded.

I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.

However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the same
type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by others.
I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
understood why some may call him brainashed.

Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
true question of God's existence.

The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as a
means to line pockets and control others.

The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
at you.

He is not worth responding to.

--
Peter

Old June 30th 10, 12:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

"John Turco" wrote in message
Peter wrote:

"John Turco" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote:

[...]

Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
to be insulted.

I try very hard not to insult people. I refuse to lecture to others on that
issue. My main interest here is photography. Yes I will occassionally
divert.
For me photography is a hobby. I freely share what information I have and
only ask that it be considered, then rejected, followed, or modified. When I
see well intentined advice given by others similarly ignored, I will stop. I
refuse to bang my head against the wall.

Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
true question of God's existence.

The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.

Absolutely true and they shold not be advanced as fact, either.

What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
a means to line pockets and control others.

The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
science and technology.

So, how does that affect my comment?

The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
at you.

He is not worth responding to.

Most anybody is "worth responding to" -- the use of "kill files" is
simply a way of hiding one's head in the sand, as it were.

I am not a charitable as you. You certainly are free to feel differently,
but I don't respond to every post here. Unlike some sad people here, I do
have a very real life. I ration my time as I see fit. Nobody here has the
right to tell me how to spend my time. (Assuming my wife does not
participate in this group.)

--
Peter

Old June 30th 10, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 6/29/10 10:10 PM, in article , "John
Turco" wrote:

Peter wrote:

"John Turco" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote:

[...]

Not to mention the inventor of internet's "Global Warming" followers.

Truth is, Al's 'warming' was only in his pants while in a hotel in Portland.

Old June 30th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

Turco" wrote:

Peter wrote:

"John Turco" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote:

[...]

Sad thing is you deny the results of scientific studies and research. If it
affected only you, I really wouldn't care. Try looking at the research of
responsible oceanographers, it might open your eyes. Unless you say if Al
Gore agreed with it, it must be false.

--
Peter

Old June 30th 10, 08:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 6/30/10 1:44 PM, in article
, "Peter"

Turco" wrote:

Peter wrote:

"John Turco" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote:

[...]

Sad thing is that you deny results of scientific studies and research
yourself, my man.

If it affected only you, I really wouldn't care.

Screw you, too.

Try looking at the research of responsible oceanographers, it might open your
eyes.

I have. Most of the GobleyGook is from Scripps-related folks who are looking
for GuvMint $$$. A simple Google search produces many counter to this
lemming collection...

http://american_almanac.tripod.com/globwarm.htm

Unless you say if Al Gore agreed with it, it must be false.

Al Gore is a false.

Old July 1st 10, 09:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
rwalker

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 07:14:08 -0400, "Peter"
wrote:

I am not a charitable as you. You certainly are free to feel differently,
but I don't respond to every post here. Unlike some sad people here, I do
have a very real life. I ration my time as I see fit. Nobody here has the
right to tell me how to spend my time. (Assuming my wife does not
participate in this group.)

Well said. I don't have time for the twits and the trolls, and a kill
file makes Usenet a much more pleasant experience.

Old July 2nd 10, 12:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/1/10 7:42 AM, in article
, "Peter"

Turco" wrote:

Peter wrote:

"John Turco" wrote in message
tony cooper wrote:

[...]

Bu-bye, boobie...

Old July 20th 10, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

"John Turco" wrote in message
Peter wrote:

Kodak-bashers sometimes post utter nonsense, which I feel must be refuted;
otherwise, I tend to stay out of controversies.

(Fill in the blank - bashers usually end up posting complete nonsense)

On a long ago visit to Kodak, in Rochester, they had signs saying
"photography prohibited." It always looked strange to me, although the
reason is understandable.

One should remain open-minded, to all types of hypotheses -- even those
regarding a "supreme being." This idea has nothing to do with religion,
just as "flying saucers" are unrelated to the issue of extraterrestrial
intelligence.

Popular misconceptions abound!

The Flat Earth Society members don't think that their organiation is founded
on a misconception.

--
Peter