Printing from Underwater Disposables

Old February 22nd 04, 07:47 PM
Chris Brady

Default Printing from Underwater Disposables

Please can someone advise me. I am trying to get the negs. from a
snorkelling trip to Antigua ec., properly printed. However both
Jessops and Boots technicians in London (U.K.) haven't a clue how to
do this despite the fact that both companies sell underwater
disposables!!

Kodak offer a Sea Photography printing service but this is not
available in the UK.

The pictures are mainly from the surface, on a sunlit day with the sun
directly overhead. The films have been processed normally and the
negs. scanned onto CDs. However judging by the index prints they all
have a blue cast. I understand that this is due to the reds being
filtered out by the seawater.

Is there a way of using Adobe Photoshop to correct the colour and
contrast of the images? Again I've searched the many Photoshop manuals
and none describe how to enhance underwater images.

I've also tried looking at the newsgroup FAQ but the Underwater
Photography link listed doesn't work any more.

Many thanks - CJB.
Old February 24th 04, 07:48 PM
rasilan

have a blue cast. I understand that this is due to the reds being
filtered out by the seawater.

there is more blue in the pic. in photoshop try adjusting the r and g up one
level.
r = red g = green in thr rbg color.

nextime when dev. film have the photo dev. push the red and green f stop up
one level

Old February 24th 04, 11:33 PM
RSD99

"...
nextime when dev. film have the photo dev. push the red and green f stop up
one level
...."

Geeeeeeee .... can they do that?

HeHeHeHeHe ...