epson 2200 help

Old February 10th 04, 06:56 PM
JIM

Default epson 2200 help

"Judit Fabian" wrote in message
Besides the Epson papers mentioned by others, the Canon Photo Pro (Glossy)
works well with the 2200 (and the 1270 as well), and it is a beautiful
glossy paper if you like glossy.

Does the Canon glossy paper exhibit the same metamerism effect when viewed
at an angle? Anyone know of any brand glossy paper printed with the 2200's
inks that gives a more realistic photo result? I prefer the matte papers;
however, my son loves those glossies

Jim

Old February 10th 04, 09:09 PM
GLL

I found some paper on Ebay, I thought I was buying Epson paper, turns out
its not Epson but Vesta ultra+ premium glossy 13 inches x 33 feet for Epson
2200, around $32 shipped, I made a 13x 40 panoramic on it and it looks as
good as the Epson premium glossy 8x11, have not compared it to the Epson
Luster, for the price and looks I ordered another one.
the original problem was the Epson ink drying speed on HP paper, if you slow
it down its just OK, I won't be using HP paper on Epson printer. speaking of
ink I assume the generic ink will give the same set of problems ?
thanks
Gary

From: "JIM"

Anyone know of any brand glossy paper printed with the 2200's
inks that gives a more realistic photo result? I prefer the matte

papers;
however, my son loves those glossies

Haven't used it myself (I find I have fewer problems if I stick to the

Epson
papers) but I've heard the Pictorio Glossy doesn't show the bronzing

effect as
much.

Have also heard from reliable sources that using the top quality print

sprays
increases the print life and also minimizes the bronzing as well. I can

see
spraying larger prints one might sell but it sounds like too much of a

hassle
for every small print you pop out.

Supposedly the newest Epson printer fixes the bronzing-on-glossy problem,

dunno
the model number but something like R800 or similar.

Old February 10th 04, 10:39 PM
KBob

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:56:06 GMT, "JIM"
wrote:

"Judit Fabian" wrote in message
Besides the Epson papers mentioned by others, the Canon Photo Pro (Glossy)
works well with the 2200 (and the 1270 as well), and it is a beautiful
glossy paper if you like glossy.

Does the Canon glossy paper exhibit the same metamerism effect when viewed
at an angle? Anyone know of any brand glossy paper printed with the 2200's
inks that gives a more realistic photo result? I prefer the matte papers;
however, my son loves those glossies

Jim

By far the worst brassing (metamerism?) that I see is with Epson's own
glossy paper. The best heavyweight glossy papers I've found are TDK
Reference and Pro Grade glossy, and they can usually be found at a
good price by shopping around. The relatively inexpensive Ilford
Galerie isn't bad either, and you can pick that up at Sam's. I
wouldn't use matte ink on these for obvious reasons, but Photo Black
should be OK.

All these papers will exhibit some slight color shift, usually
greenish or brownish, but depending on how critical your needs are,
they are easy enough to profile, or simply make minor adjustments in
the printer driver.
Old February 16th 04, 02:57 AM
MrScience9

I just using the 2200. I tried the Ilford semi gloss paper and it works very
well. It's a glossy but not over glossy finish. I like it better then the
pearl surface.
Harvey