Nikon F2 light meter problem

Old January 29th 05, 08:19 AM

Default Nikon F2 light meter problem

My F2 is about 35 years old. I use it very seldom. For the past few
years every once in a while I seem to have intermittent problems and
erratic light meter function. It doesn't happen often and when it does
I just switch to my hand held seconic and it seems like the next time
I'd pick up the Nikon it would be working again. Like I said, this has
gone on for years. The other day the meter refused to work at all. I
pulled the batteries and they test good at 1.5V apiece. Of course this
is on the bench under no load. I would test them loaded if I knew what
the MA. hour rate was. Does anyone know what an appropriate test load
would be on these small button cells?
A few years back I had heard that there was a soldering or grounding
problem with the photomic head on these which caused the erratic meter
operation and that it was repairable. I am an electronics technician
who works on small assemblies all the time and would very much like to
attempt this repair. Is anyone familiar with this light meter problem
on the F2 and experienced in performing this repair? Thanks for any
help. Lenny Stein.