Need help in selecting new camera, please

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jack[_8_]

Default Need help in selecting new camera, please

Based on a recommendation on this newsgroup 3 years ago, I bought a
refurbished Fuji Finepix 2600Z from Geek.com. It has been a great
camera but recently broke beyond repair. That camera was only a 2
megapix but we shot all our pictures at the 1 megapix and were very
satisfied. I see that the state-of-the-art has advanced
significantly. However, I don't anticipate needing anything with the
very large resolution now available. I would expect that we would
shoot all our pictures at 2 megapix or less. We seldom print a
picture. We just view them on the computer. Since we have the
Finepix software for managing our pictures and, also, for the
convenience of using AA batteries(which we already have) we were
thinking about buying another refurbished Fuji of the A500 to A700
series. These cameras are available from $70-$100.

I would appreciate any thoughts about this idea and any
recommendations for other cameras that, in that price range, are
better quality. Thanks for any help.