Here's a CCD for camera mfg.s to use

Old December 18th 04, 11:00 PM
RichA

Default Here's a CCD for camera mfg.s to use

Instead of looking for the traditional camera
accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc,
should consider better quality CCDs as options
to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base
cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality,
more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc.
In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they
adopt:

http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn
Old December 19th 04, 04:01 PM
Alan Browne

RichA wrote:

Instead of looking for the traditional camera
accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc,
should consider better quality CCDs as options
to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base
cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality,
more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc.
In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they
adopt:

http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn

The device you refer to is shy of 2 Mpix ... that won't fly these days, further
it is quite small at 13.4 x 9.5 mm ... aimed at the P&S market, I suppose.

CMOS has ready advantages including low heat buildup during exposure.

Cheers,
Alan

Old December 19th 04, 04:38 PM
Skip M

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
RichA wrote:

Instead of looking for the traditional camera
accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc,
should consider better quality CCDs as options
to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base
cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality,
more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc.
In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they adopt:

http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn

The device you refer to is shy of 2 Mpix ... that won't fly these days,
further it is quite small at 13.4 x 9.5 mm ... aimed at the P&S market, I
suppose.

CMOS has ready advantages including low heat buildup during exposure.

Cheers,
Alan

The text refers to an 11 mp sensor, the KAI-11000CM, but the sidebar is for
the KAI-2001, which is the 1.9mp you mention. I wonder what the actual
dimensions of the 11000 are?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 19th 04, 05:23 PM
Alan Browne

Alan Browne wrote:
RichA wrote:

Instead of looking for the traditional camera
accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc,
should consider better quality CCDs as options
to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base
cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality,
more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc.
In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they adopt:

http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn

The device you refer to is shy of 2 Mpix ... that won't fly these days,
further it is quite small at 13.4 x 9.5 mm ... aimed at the P&S market,
I suppose.

Oopps. Sorry, I fell into the sloppy page construction there! Kodak proving
they are assholes again... show one sensor, spec another one and no way to see
the spec of the 11000M. Guess it's a teaser.

Cheers,
Alan

Old December 19th 04, 05:53 PM
Bart van der Wolf

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:

SNIP
The text refers to an 11 mp sensor, the KAI-11000CM, but the
sidebar is for the KAI-2001, which is the 1.9mp you mention. I
wonder what the actual dimensions of the 11000 are?

Oopps. Sorry, I fell into the sloppy page construction there!
Kodak proving they are assholes again... show one sensor, spec
another one and no way to see the spec of the 11000M. Guess it's a
teaser.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd/products/interline/KAI-11000CM/indexKAI-11000CM.jhtml?id=0.1.8.4.25&lc=en
should work better.

Bart

Old December 19th 04, 05:55 PM
Crownfield

Alan Browne wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:
RichA wrote:

Instead of looking for the traditional camera
accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc,
should consider better quality CCDs as options
to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base
cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality,
more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc.
In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they adopt:

http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn

The device you refer to is shy of 2 Mpix ... that won't fly these days,
further it is quite small at 13.4 x 9.5 mm ... aimed at the P&S market,
I suppose.

Oopps. Sorry, I fell into the sloppy page construction there! Kodak proving
they are assholes again... show one sensor, spec another one and no way to see
the spec of the 11000M. Guess it's a teaser.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digit...8.4.25.4&lc=en

Cheers,
Alan

Old December 19th 04, 07:24 PM
RichA

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:55:36 -0800, Crownfield
wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:
RichA wrote:

[...]

One camera it's used in is made by a company called, SBIG. It's a
digital camera aimed at the astronomical market. The first "serious"
colour astro camera since most astronomical shots are done in black
and white with three filters and combined to form a true colour
image. Colour fidelity on consumer cameras is too inaccurate for good
astronomical work but they seem to think this
chip is a good one for one-shot colour.
-Rich
Old December 19th 04, 07:49 PM
Alan Browne

Bart van der Wolf wrote:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd/products/interline/KAI-11000CM/indexKAI-11000CM.jhtml?id=0.1.8.4.25&lc=en
should work better.

Thanks. At first blush a winner. Numbers are close, but don't match the Canon
1Ds specification (which is CMOS IAC).

Maybe the Maxxum 9D will have this! (put your rumor detector on high here)

Cheers,
Alan

Old December 19th 04, 09:16 PM
Skip M

"Bart van der Wolf" wrote in message

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:

SNIP
The text refers to an 11 mp sensor, the KAI-11000CM, but the sidebar is
for the KAI-2001, which is the 1.9mp you mention. I wonder what the
actual dimensions of the 11000 are?

Oopps. Sorry, I fell into the sloppy page construction there! Kodak
proving they are assholes again... show one sensor, spec another one and
no way to see the spec of the 11000M. Guess it's a teaser.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd/products/interline/KAI-11000CM/indexKAI-11000CM.jhtml?id=0.1.8.4.25&lc=en
should work better.

Bart

Why wouldn't Kodak use this in one of their own cameras? It sounds superior
to what they're using in the 14/n/c...