LARGE prints

Old March 15th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default LARGE prints

"Nick Zentena" wrote in message
http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?...TS&Category=70

If you want bigger special order it -)

I'm a SULFA (Smaller Ultra Large Format A**hole) kinda guy - 8x20", but
that's not what I was trying to speak of earlier.

Yeah, 8x20. One film holder, too.

Old March 15th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"Gordon Moat" wrote in message

Find another place to do the prints. The problem is not "digital
printing". The problem you are having is your local vendor.

Found one later this morning. When/If the sun ever shines again in my
lifetime I'll reshoot it 4x5" and see the new guy.

Old March 16th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:59:57 -0600, "2" wrote:

"Scott W" wrote in message
roups.com...

That seems kind of crazy to me, that they can't handle 40 x 40 at
300ppi. I would look for someone else to do my printing.

Aha! I got some more news. Their computer is darned near obsolete! I has no
horsepower, nor RAM! They simply cannot handle very large file!

It's ironic these days that our workstations
are worth far less than most of the peripherals
we hook up to them. Fast DDRAM is $70 per
gigabyte right now.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old March 18th 06, 12:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"2" wrote in message ...
So I have a scan from a small negative: 56cm x 56cm. It's about 360mp. I
go to the local camera store and ask them if they can do a 40"x40". They
say, "Sure, our printer is 40, but we can't do anything like 300ppi."

Who are you kidding, you don't take pictures, you haven't an ounce of
talent, you just like to talk about it, and be a bitter old man, right?
Right.

If not, let's see some pics, and I don't mean pics of some new camera
you're building, which you'll eventually abandon without completing.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old March 18th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"2" wrote in message ...
"Scott W" wrote in message
oups.com...

That seems kind of crazy to me, that they can't handle 40 x 40 at
300ppi. I would look for someone else to do my printing.

Aha! I got some more news. Their computer is darned near obsolete! I

has no horsepower, nor RAM! They simply cannot handle very large
file!

It makes me wonder how much longer they will be in business. The
owner is retirement age.

Their printer does 40" wide, but their computer is dying, and the owner
looks near retiring, huh? I'd be thinking about making him an offer for the
printer...

Peter

Old March 18th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
. ..

Who are you kidding, you don't take pictures, you haven't an ounce of
talent, you just like to talk about it, and be a bitter old man, right?

Matt recycles posts he's received to flame others.

If not, let's see some pics, and I don't mean pics of some new camera
you're building, which you'll eventually abandon without completing.

They are ALL done you bitter little man.

Old March 20th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
Matt Clara spake thus:

"2" wrote in message

So I have a scan from a small negative: 56cm x 56cm. It's about
360mp. I go to the local camera store and ask them if they can do a
40"x40". They say, "Sure, our printer is 40, but we can't do
anything like 300ppi."

Who are you kidding, you don't take pictures, you haven't an ounce of
talent, you just like to talk about it, and be a bitter old man, right?
Right.

If not, let's see some pics, and I don't mean pics of some new camera
you're building, which you'll eventually abandon without completing.

Um, he *has* posted pictures (not of camera gear) here before. Some
quite good. Guess you missed them.

I've been coming here for 6 years, and I've yet to see squat out of him
except troll like behavior involving multiple usernames and vitriolic posts
including unprovoked attacks upon myself and other members of the various
photography related groups.
He's without a doubt a worthless lump of human flesh.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old March 20th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"2" wrote in message

[...]

So let's say all you have said is true, to what purpose did it serve to
jump into a thread that was on a reasonable subject and attack him in
such a way, an attack that had little to do with anything else that was
said in the thread?

Scott

Old March 20th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

In article .com,
"Scott W" wrote:

So let's say all you have said is true, to what purpose did it serve to
jump into a thread that was on a reasonable subject and attack him in
such a way, an attack that had little to do with anything else that was
said in the thread?

Scott

I've never liked personal attacks, including the ones John has done his
share of producing. It's better to just ignore John on his bad days.

Sometimes (infrequently) he actually posts something worthwhile and on
topic. If observed you''ll see most of those that regularly post
information here have taken that tact. I can name names but why drag the
innocent into the fray.
--
The things we hate most in life often turn out to be a mirror image
of ourselves. Better not to hate.

Findmedirectly - "infoatgregblankphoto.com"
Old March 21st 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"Matt Clara" wrote

I've been coming here for 6 years, and I've yet to see squat out of him

You are not paying attention; another of your faults.