How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attrib in batch mode

Old November 8th 06, 10:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ashjas

Default How to insert the "modified time" attribute in "date taken" attrib in batch mode

Hello,
I am using windows vista rc1.
I tried many softwares ,to insert the date modified attrbute into the
"date taken" attribute of an image file..but was not able to find
anyone of them really do the job.

Attribute magicpro is closest match for this task but its in beta
currently so the changes are not really reflected in windows(VISTA
RC1).[In win xp the date taken attribute isnt available i think..but
this is immaterial]..

If there is a way to do this in vista inbuilt then please suggest how
to do this...NOTE i know that I can do it individually...but I have
hundereds of photos so i am looking for batch mode..

And the info that is to be inserted is a variable..so for every
file..the modified time attribute is to be read and inserted into the
date taken attribute..and so the mmanual-select all and modify the
attribute from windows for all the photos wont work..

My cameraphone doesnt add this info in the date taken attribute
defaultly..so I need to do this to let a better organisation of my
photos..

the renaming feature is fine(renaming the title including the modified
timestamp,i have achieved this with the beta software,attribute magic
pro)
but i need this info to be inserted into the date taken
attribute of my photos...

In short I want this::assign,"date taken" attribute,the "modified
time"attribute,
in batch mode.

Can anyone suggest a software that does this effectively..

Thanks.

Old November 8th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Keith Sheppard

I tried many softwares ,to insert the date modified attrbute into the
"date taken" attribute of an image file..but was not able to find
anyone of them really do the job.

I am sure there are many packages which do this. My own (free) photo
manipulator application certainly does it. You can either open the image in
PhotoMan and choose View Properties or, once you've clicked on PhotoMan's
Tools menu and chosen Add Windows Menu Commands you can simply right click
any jpeg in a Windows explorer menu and choose Camera Settings from the
floating menu.

You can download PhotoMan free of charge from my web site at
http://homepages.tesco.net/~Keith.Sh...toman/home.htm

Regards
Keith

Old November 8th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ashjas

I have clearly written that i want to insert the modified time into
date taken field of an image and that too in batch mode....
Yr app doesnt do that..i have seen many of these that let one manually
edit it..
I f u had to do it,would u do all this manually---editing hundereds
of photos??I dont think so...

WASTE..

Old November 8th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
l v

Keith Sheppard wrote:
I tried many softwares ,to insert the date modified attrbute into the
"date taken" attribute of an image file..but was not able to find
anyone of them really do the job.

I am sure there are many packages which do this. My own (free) photo
manipulator application certainly does it. You can either open the image in
PhotoMan and choose View Properties or, once you've clicked on PhotoMan's
Tools menu and chosen Add Windows Menu Commands you can simply right click
any jpeg in a Windows explorer menu and choose Camera Settings from the
floating menu.

You can download PhotoMan free of charge from my web site at
http://homepages.tesco.net/~Keith.Sh...toman/home.htm

Regards
Keith

Stop typing like you are text messaging.

for /R %F in (*.jpg) do perl -e "@a = localtime((stat('%F'))[9]); $mtime
= sprintf qq(%04d:%02d:%02d-%02d:%02d:%02d), $a[5]+1900, $a[4]+1, $a[3],
$a[2], $a[1], $a[0]; `jhead -ts$mtime \"%F\"` "

--

Len