D300 took years to fall to 1/2 price. D7000 took months.

Old March 16th 14, 10:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

Default D300 took years to fall to 1/2 price. D7000 took months.

In article , me
wrote:

Do you KNOW how many Nikon users are enraged that a D400 was never
produced??

it was called the d7000/7100.

Having just picked up a 7100 this week, as my D200/D300 each exhibit
various fallings, I would say it is immediately apparent upon picking
it up that it not in the class a 400 would be.

what features would you put in a d400 that the d7100 lacks?

Bigger buffer, real weather sealing, better release mechanism on the
door to flash memory, controls layout similar to D200/300. It reminds
me of the my old D70. The release mode dial and lock button are quite
difficult to operate even with very thin Head digital activity gloves
on. Forget about operating it with any real gloves on. Doesn't even
have a way to use a snap on monitor protector. Heck, the D70 even had
one of those.

This is just after one morning's shooting.

What nospam, no come back?

the weather sealing is the same as a d300. the buffer isn't as big, but
that's rarely an issue in most situations. the control layout and door
mechanism are *very* subjective and slrs are a rule are hard to use
with gloves anyway.

nikon decided to position a camera above the top selling d70/d80/d90
series that's in many ways a successor for the d200/d300 (not all, nor
does it need to be all).

they also positioned the d600 for roughly what the d400 would likely
have been. it many ways, it is also a successor to the d300 series.

in other words, the d300 split into something a little above and a
little below, with both being successors. thats a good thing. now the
user has a choice of two paths.

there would have been a lot of overlap had there been a d400 and given
the success of the d7000/d7100, they chose well.
Old March 17th 14, 10:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 3/16/2014 5:26 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , me
wrote:

[...]

Ah! The marketing expert speaks yet again.

--
PeterN
Old March 17th 14, 01:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Ah! The marketing expert speaks yet again.

go bitch at nikon and tell them they're wrong.
Old March 17th 14, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 3/17/2014 8:52 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Ah! The marketing expert speaks yet again.

go bitch at nikon and tell them they're wrong.

it's you who knows all about their motives.I humbly apologize for
questioning yet another of your pontifications.

--
PeterN
Old March 18th 14, 01:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Ah! The marketing expert speaks yet again.

go bitch at nikon and tell them they're wrong.

it's you who knows all about their motives.I humbly apologize for
questioning yet another of your pontifications.

they didn't pick their strategy at random.

i'm *quite* sure that nikon knows *way* more about the camera industry
than you do (not that would be difficult).

nikon decided that they wanted to have something between the d90 and
d300 and between the d300 and d700. it's worked out well (other than
some manufacturing issues).

but feel free to set them straight. maybe they could use your supposed
expertise. or maybe they'll just laugh at your stupidity.
Old March 18th 14, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 3/17/2014 8:26 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Ah! The marketing expert speaks yet again.

go bitch at nikon and tell them they're wrong.

it's you who knows all about their motives.I humbly apologize for
questioning yet another of your pontifications.

they didn't pick their strategy at random.

i'm *quite* sure that nikon knows *way* more about the camera industry
than you do (not that would be difficult).

nikon decided that they wanted to have something between the d90 and
d300 and between the d300 and d700. it's worked out well (other than
some manufacturing issues).

but feel free to set them straight. maybe they could use your supposed
expertise. or maybe they'll just laugh at your stupidity.

You are amazing. Here's another question that you will not directly answer.
Just exactly where did I criticize Nikon?
Indeed I marvel at you knowledge of the thinking of a successful
Japanese company.

BTW It would be interesting to know how you have even a rudimentary
understanding of Japanese culture. My understanding comes from years of
acting as a business and legal adviser to Japanese and Korean
corporations, whose names would be familiar to you.

--
PeterN
Old March 18th 14, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Here's another question that you will not directly answer.

wrong.

Just exactly where did I criticize Nikon?

try to keep up. i told you the reasons why nikon did what they did and
then you tried to turn it into a bash me session, which of course
failed, as it always does.

what you refuse to acknowledge is that nikon has their reasons for
splitting the d300 line as they did. they know more about the camera
industry than you or i do. if you think you know better, go tell them
they're wrong. good luck.

Indeed I marvel at you knowledge of the thinking of a successful
Japanese company.

BTW It would be interesting to know how you have even a rudimentary
understanding of Japanese culture. My understanding comes from years of
acting as a business and legal adviser to Japanese and Korean
corporations, whose names would be familiar to you.

i wasn't commenting on the japanese culture. more of your twisting.
Old March 18th 14, 11:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 3/17/2014 10:27 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Here's another question that you will not directly answer.

wrong.

Just exactly where did I criticize Nikon?

try to keep up. i told you the reasons why nikon did what they did and
then you tried to turn it into a bash me session, which of course
failed, as it always does.

what you refuse to acknowledge is that nikon has their reasons for
splitting the d300 line as they did. they know more about the camera
industry than you or i do. if you think you know better, go tell them
they're wrong. good luck.

Stop twisting. Do answer the question. You gave very specific reasons
that were stated as fact, not opinion. I challenged the basis for your
statement. In response you accuse me of Nikon bashing. As I suspected,
we have seen no clear comment from you where I bashed Nikon.
You do have to learn the difference between fact and opinion.

Indeed I marvel at you knowledge of the thinking of a successful
Japanese company.

BTW It would be interesting to know how you have even a rudimentary
understanding of Japanese culture. My understanding comes from years of
acting as a business and legal adviser to Japanese and Korean
corporations, whose names would be familiar to you.

i wasn't commenting on the japanese culture. more of your twisting.

Because you understand neither.

--
PeterN
Old March 18th 14, 01:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Just exactly where did I criticize Nikon?

try to keep up. i told you the reasons why nikon did what they did and
then you tried to turn it into a bash me session, which of course
failed, as it always does.

what you refuse to acknowledge is that nikon has their reasons for
splitting the d300 line as they did. they know more about the camera
industry than you or i do. if you think you know better, go tell them
they're wrong. good luck.

Stop twisting. Do answer the question. You gave very specific reasons
that were stated as fact, not opinion.

i'm not twisting anything and i did answer it. you just don't like the
answer you got. look at what nikon did with the d300-d7000/d600
transition. it's obvious. too bad if you can't see it. maybe you ought
to stfu.
Old March 18th 14, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

On 3/18/2014 8:50 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Just exactly where did I criticize Nikon?

try to keep up. i told you the reasons why nikon did what they did and
then you tried to turn it into a bash me session, which of course
failed, as it always does.

what you refuse to acknowledge is that nikon has their reasons for
splitting the d300 line as they did. they know more about the camera
industry than you or i do. if you think you know better, go tell them
they're wrong. good luck.

Stop twisting. Do answer the question. You gave very specific reasons
that were stated as fact, not opinion.

i'm not twisting anything and i did answer it. you just don't like the
answer you got. look at what nikon did with the d300-d7000/d600
transition. it's obvious. too bad if you can't see it. maybe you ought
to stfu.

"Just exactly where did I criticize Nikon?" It is a clear and
unambiguous question. It does not require a rant, just a reference:
I asked that question in response to the following statement by you:

"but feel free to set them straight. maybe they could use your supposed
expertise. or maybe they'll just laugh at your stupidity."

To paraphrase: I am still waiting for my answer.
I anticipate a long wait, so I will do other thngs while waiting.

--
PeterN

D7000 C J Campbell[_2_] Digital SLR Cameras 1 October 30th 10 02:49 AM
D7000 Robert Coe Digital SLR Cameras 1 October 29th 10 02:42 AM
Better in low light: D7000 or D300? Don Wiss Digital SLR Cameras 23 October 23rd 10 10:50 AM
Hey Noons, Has it Really Been 6 Months? tony cooper 35mm Photo Equipment 0 May 31st 09 05:26 AM