canon 5D

Old December 3rd 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
peter

Default canon 5D

Is there any rumors or educated guess on when canon would update the 5D? Its
price is near an affordable level, but I'm afraid an updated model would
come out soon after buying it. For instance, a 3-inch LCD like the 40D would
be nice. Or perhaps live LCD preview.

Old December 3rd 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
/dev/null

"peter" wrote in message
Is there any rumors or educated guess on when canon would update the 5D?
Its price is near an affordable level, but I'm afraid an updated model
would come out soon after buying it. For instance, a 3-inch LCD like the
40D would be nice. Or perhaps live LCD preview.

Live View what a crock, the 40D with their 220,000 pixel LCD isn't good
enough to manually focus on, nad the 40D doesn't AF in Live View.

Old December 4th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"/dev/null" nntp.server.net wrote in message
. com...

"peter" wrote in message
Is there any rumors or educated guess on when canon would update the 5D?
Its price is near an affordable level, but I'm afraid an updated model
would come out soon after buying it. For instance, a 3-inch LCD like the
40D would be nice. Or perhaps live LCD preview.

Live View what a crock, the 40D with their 220,000 pixel LCD isn't good
enough to manually focus on, nad the 40D doesn't AF in Live View.

Are you serious? How are you suppost to focus then?
I just had the 40D and the 5D in my hands yesterday, when I was buying an
extra battery for my (hopefully) soon to arrive D300. What a stupid design!
They have only one wheel to turn and then on the top of the camera. You have
to strain your wrist or take your hand of of the camera to use it. The
powerbutton is in the back, way down in the middel. Again impossible to
reach in normal shooting position.
The 5D had a crunching feeling when pushing the shutter button. Happy I went
with Nikon ;-))

--

"I donīt need a camera,
I have a photographic memory..."

Old December 4th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Dec 3, 5:09 pm, "/dev/null" nntp.server.net wrote:

Live View what a crock, the 40D with their 220,000 pixel LCD isn't good
enough to manually focus on, nad the 40D doesn't AF in Live View.

Mr. Divs says hi.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/89720884
(Taken with the 40D using Live View)

Old December 4th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On Dec 3, 5:09 pm, "/dev/null" nntp.server.net wrote:

Live View what a crock, the 40D with their 220,000 pixel LCD isn't good
enough to manually focus on, nad the 40D doesn't AF in Live View.

Mr. Divs says hi.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/89720884
(Taken with the 40D using Live View)

You are very patient, your cat is or you got very lucky that your pussy (now
I know why they call'em that) didn't run away with all that noise of the
flapping mirror...
Were you trying a brain picture?

Old December 5th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Sosumi wrote:
"Annika1980" wrote in message
On Dec 3, 5:09 pm, "/dev/null" nntp.server.net wrote:
Live View what a crock, the 40D with their 220,000 pixel LCD isn't good
enough to manually focus on, nad the 40D doesn't AF in Live View.

Mr. Divs says hi.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/89720884
(Taken with the 40D using Live View)

You are very patient, your cat is or you got very lucky that your pussy (now
I know why they call'em that) didn't run away with all that noise of the
flapping mirror...
Were you trying a brain picture?

A rather stupid response and how do you know the cat didn't run away.
Dave Cohen