THIS IS MOHAMMED 1

Old October 29th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
msk2000

Default THIS IS MOHAMMED 1

How It All Began
Nearly four thousand years ago, in the Sumerian town of Ur in the
valley of the river Euphrates, lived a young man named Abraham. The
people of Ur had once worshipped Allah but as time passed they forgot
the true religion and started praying to idols, statues made of wood
or clay and sometimes even of precious stones. Even as a small child
Abraham could not understand how his people, and especially his
father, could make these images with their own hands, call them gods,
and then worship them. He had always refused to join his people when
they paid respect to these statues. He would leave town to sit alone
and think about heavens and the worlds around him.. He was sure his
people were doing wrong and so alone he searched for the right way.
One clear night as he sat staring at the sky he saw a beautiful
shining star, so beautiful that he cried out: 'This must be Allah!' He
looked at it in awe for some time, until suddenly it began to fade and
then it disappeared. He turned away in disappointment saying: I love
not things that set. (Koran vi.77)

On another night Abraham was again looking at the sky and he saw
the rising moon, so big and bright that he felt he could almost touch
it. He thought to himself: This is my Lord. (Koran vi.78) But it was
not long before the moon set as well. Then he said, Unless my Lord
guides me, I surely shall become one of the folk who are astray.
(Koran vi.78) Abraham then saw the beauty and splendor of the sunrise
and decided that the sun must be the biggest and most powerful thing
in the universe. But for the third time he was wrong, for the sun set
at the end of the day. It was then that he realized that Allah is the
Most Powerful, the Creator of the stars, the moon, the sun, the earth
and of all living things. Suddenly he felt himself totally at peace,
because he knew that he had found the Truth.

When he said unto his father and his folk: What do you worship? They
said: We worship idols, and are ever devoted to them.

Old October 29th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
/dev/null

"msk2000" wrote in message
ups.com...
How It All Began

More fiction!

Wrong group, try alt.religious.kooks

Old October 29th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
KGB

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:39:23 -0700, msk2000
wrote:

How It All Began
Nearly four thousand years ago, in the Sumerian town of Ur in the
valley of the river Euphrates, lived a young man named Abraham.

SNIP

On the other hand.......

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the
answer to the question "Where do pets come from?"

Adam said, "Lord, when I was in the garden, you walked with me every
day. Now I do not see you anymore. I am lonesome here and it is
difficult for me to remember how much you love me." And God said, "No
problem! I will create a companion for you that will be with you
forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you
will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or
childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you
as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourself."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam. And it was a
good animal. And God was pleased. And the new animal was pleased to be
with Adam and he wagged his tail. And Adam said, "Lord, I have already
named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for
this new animal." And God said, "No problem. Because I have created
this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will
be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him 'Dog'."

And Dog lived with Adam and was a companion to him and loved him. And
Adam was comforted. And God was pleased. And Dog was content and
wagged his tail. After a while, it came to pass that Adam's guardian
angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam has become filled with
pride. He struts and preens like a peacock and he believes he is
worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught him that he is loved, but
perhaps too well."

And God said, "No problem! I will create for him a companion who will
be with him forever and who will see him as he is. The companion will
remind him of his limitations, so he will know that he is not always
worthy of adoration."

And God created Cat to be a companion to Adam. And Cat would not obey
Adam. And when Adam gazed into Cat's eyes, he was reminded that he was
not the supreme being. And Adam learned humility. And God was pleased.
And Adam was greatly improved. And Dog was happy. And the Cat didn't
give a **** one way or the other.

Regards
KGB

Old October 30th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen[_2_]

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:39:23 -0700, msk2000 wrote:

How It All Began
Nearly four thousand years ago, in the Sumerian town of Ur in the
valley of the river Euphrates, lived a young man named Abraham. The
people of Ur had once worshipped Allah but as time passed they forgot
the true religion and started praying to idols, statues made of wood
or clay and sometimes even of precious stones.

rest of nonsense snipped

and they should have stopped right there. Not in 4,000 years has anyone
flown an airplane into buildings because of a dispute over idols. Zeus
was a fun god, maybe we should have stuck with him.
Dave Cohen