Photo Printer

Old January 25th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Photo Printer

I about to buy a photo printer to do 8x10 or slightly larger prints

I believe I'm going to get the Canon IP9900

comments??

Old January 25th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:57:14 -0500, "Steven Toney"
wrote:

I about to buy a photo printer to do 8x10 or slightly larger prints

I believe I'm going to get the Canon IP9900

comments??

I have had the Canon ip6600d for about 3 months,
getting very good results.
Old January 25th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Steven Toney wrote:
I about to buy a photo printer to do 8x10 or slightly larger prints

I believe I'm going to get the Canon IP9900

comments??

I have had th i9900 since it came out and love it...
Old January 25th 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Steven Toney wrote:
I about to buy a photo printer to do 8x10 or slightly larger prints

I believe I'm going to get the Canon IP9900

comments??

Look also at Epson R1800, Epson R2400, HP8750, and Kodak 1400 dye-sub
printers. All have some specific advantages and possibly some
disadvantages over the iP9900.
Old January 25th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Steven Toney wrote:
I about to buy a photo printer to do 8x10 or slightly larger prints

I believe I'm going to get the Canon IP9900

comments??

I've got the iP6000D and love it. If I could afford it, I'd love an
iP9900 for large prints.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0604-1, 01/24/2006
Tested on: 1/25/2006 10:30:47 AM

Old January 26th 06, 12:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I looked at the R2400 -- I think I like the iP9900 a bit better

What are the pros and cons between these two as you see them - anyone
actually used them for some time?

thanks for all the comments

Old January 26th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:36:28 -0500, "Steven Toney"
wrote:

I looked at the R2400 -- I think I like the iP9900 a bit better

What are the pros and cons between these two as you see them - anyone
actually used them for some time?

thanks for all the comments

Epson: pigment inks.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old January 26th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Also with the Epson printer you can get a bulk ink kit. I you intend to do
may 8x10 you will need one to afford to pay for the ink.

William Hathaway

Old January 26th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Epson

Ink expensive
Ink Cartridges Jokingly small
Ink Head Clogg
Waste Lots of Ink Unclogging Heads
Waste Lots of Ink You Have to Replace An Ink Cartridge, They all get cycled.
Epson Does Everything They Can To Waste Expensive Ink

Canon

Faster
Does Well On Just About Any Paper (including my favorite art paper)
Ink Cartridges Are Bigger
Easier to Get Third Party Inks
Better Drivers

My 2 cents

Old January 26th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

You can get bulk kits for the i9900 and the older i9100.

Pigment inks are supposed to last longer. However, you have to take Epson's
word on that as there is no real world proof that the high cost inks will
last anywhere close to the time Epson says. All of their tests are faked in
a lab.

Also, look at what Epson says you have to do to get the supposed 100 year
life span. You have to use only certain papers, store in a special way, etc.
Nothing that the vast majority or people will ever do. Its a joke and a
gimick to charge you through the nose for ink and paper.