enlarger question

Old January 6th 06, 12:16 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default enlarger question

It would be nice to get together as photographers and not discuss
politics.
We'd probably most all get along just fine.
The older I get the more I understand why so many avoid discussions on
politics and faith.

I'm in central Ohio. Any of you folks nearby?

Collin

Old January 6th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

My response would be a simple one:
Who coined the term and waht group does it describe?
That should be simple enough. And clear.

Collin

Old January 6th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

Well, I could reply to cheesehead in similar noncompliant
to netiquette fashion and not even quote the OP so the
thread is completely abstruse and ambiguous. Would
that help? ;-)

Obviously not :-D
Do what you gotta do I have no complaints.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 6th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

Oh give me a break and stop trolling....

Cheesehead wrote:

snip BS...

See what I mean.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 6th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Trolling? Just participating.
But with this nonsense I withdraw.
You guys continue the silliness on your own.

collin

Old January 7th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

i would have to say buy a decent enlarger and a "ok " lense and you wil make
good photos, i had a bessler and it was well made, strong, and all movments
were good machanically. i had a cheap lns in it and i made excellent photos
8x10, later i upgraded to two better nikor lenses and i found no difference
at all. i used this darkroom equipment for years, it is color and all of it
sits not used, i'd like toseel it all. the dicho color head is in excell
condition, the cooor anilizer is like new. and all else taht goes with it.
i'd sell cheap

sr
"Gunnar Mallon" wrote in message
Hi all,

we have a couple of very bad enlargers in our university society darkroom.
i am looking to buy new gear now. what would you say is more important
lenses or enlarger? how does the enlarger matter? is it not just a bit of
metal that passes light through the negative onto the lens?

Many thanks,
Gunnar

Old January 7th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

steve spake thus:

i would have to say buy a decent enlarger and a "ok " lense and you wil make
good photos [...]

The thing is, there's no good reason to skimp on a lens. There may have
been ten years ago, but the things are so damned thick on eBay and
elsewhere that it's hard to swing a dead cat without hitting one.

--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.
Old January 7th 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article . net,
"steve" wrote:

i would have to say buy a decent enlarger and a "ok " lense and you wil make
good photos, i had a bessler and it was well made, strong, and all movments
were good machanically. i had a cheap lns in it and i made excellent photos
8x10, later i upgraded to two better nikor lenses and i found no difference
at all. i used this darkroom equipment for years, it is color and all of it
sits not used, i'd like toseel it all. the dicho color head is in excell
condition, the cooor anilizer is like new. and all else taht goes with it.
i'd sell cheap

Uh- where are you at? Doesn't sound like US or UK don't they have ebay
where you are, because that's where your solicitation belongs not here
on this forum!!!

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 7th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Cheesehead spake thus:

My response would be a simple one:
Who coined the term and waht group does it describe?
That should be simple enough. And clear.

Well, obviously you know little or nothing about the subject. It does
have a history, you know. You could look it up. And it does have a *lot*
to do with Israel; that's not just some Internet conspiracy-theory kookery.

Since there's no point in taking this further, I'll just break it off here.

Old January 7th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Cheesehead spake thus:

Trolling? Just participating.
But with this nonsense I withdraw.
You guys continue the silliness on your own.

Well, again, Tom's definition of a troll seems to be "anyone I don't
like or disagree with".