enlarger question

Old January 3rd 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default enlarger question

G- Blank wrote:
In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

You mean we aren't creating a real democracy in Iraq?
While here at home a secret NSC government empowered
by dubya's imperial presidency is spying on Americans
without consent and suspending habeas corpus?

Shoulda been around in Lincoln's day...

You mean to tell me the neocons aren't democratic...?

Unlike liberal Democrats, they're not STUPID, that's for sure...

As you know I am not a ardent supporter of the current
adm, but the media has really played this up. If anyone believes
the government has not done this kind of stuff prior they are nuts.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com

Old January 4th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

UC wrote:

G- Blank wrote:
In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

You mean we aren't creating a real democracy in Iraq?
While here at home a secret NSC government empowered
by dubya's imperial presidency is spying on Americans
without consent and suspending habeas corpus?

Shoulda been around in Lincoln's day...

You mean to tell me the neocons aren't democratic...?

Unlike liberal Democrats, they're not STUPID, that's for sure...

Yeah...they're also not honest. Lincoln at least was honest
besides being a liberal...
Old January 4th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

G- Blank wrote:

In article ,
Tom Phillips wrote:

You mean we aren't creating a real democracy in Iraq?
While here at home a secret NSC government empowered
by dubya's imperial presidency is spying on Americans
without consent and suspending habeas corpus?

You mean to tell me the neocons aren't democratic...?

As you know I am not a ardent supporter of the current
adm, but the media has really played this up.

The media should play it up. Dubya is far worse
than we imagine...

If anyone believes
the government has not done this kind of stuff prior they are nuts.

Yeah but not since J. Edgar or Nixon...
Old January 4th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Tom Phillips wrote:

: John wrote:
:
: David Nebenzahl wrote:
: John spake thus:
:
: Creeker wrote:
:
: Only thing I would disagree with is a Democracy gets corrupt when the
: peopel get lazy and selfish.
:
: Could someone point me to a Democratic government ? I don't remember
: ever seeing one.
:
: Do you mean democratic or Democratic?
:
: I'd be happy to have both ! Someone in office again with some fiscal
: responsibility would be a good start.
:
: Note that to the best of my knowledge the last truly democratic
: government existed in Athens.

: You mean we aren't creating a real democracy in Iraq?
: While here at home a secret NSC government empowered
: by dubya's imperial presidency is spying on Americans
: without consent and suspending habeas corpus?

: You mean to tell me the neocons aren't democratic...?

Before this thread goes to far off into lala land keep in mind that the US
is not now and never has been a democracy.
--

-------------------
Old January 4th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Democracies and Republics come in many variants.
They're hard to make distinct.
There is no true "democracy", but the modern proletariat definition has
been claimed: USSR, PROC.
The US is supposed to be a constitutional republic.
But that was before the Left's rise to corruption.

Collin

Old January 4th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

And 900 FBI files later
(using the FBI as a private & political police force)
many will still vote again for the HillBillies.

Also, Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus during the civil war.
But it was returned.
And FDR has many rights suspended during WWII, but we got the back.
Both sides have done it and the US has survived.

BTW, isn't "neocon" simply newspeak for an anti-zionist attitude?
Fourty years ago the evangelical & fundamentalist Christian community
was called
anti-Semitic for precisely this same attitude toward the Zionist
movement.
Why should the Left get off without the appropriate designation?

Collin

Old January 5th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Cheesehead spake thus:

BTW, isn't "neocon" simply newspeak for an anti-zionist attitude?

No, and that shows how much you [don't] know about neocons.
Neo-conservatives are almost monolithically pro-Israel (and
correspondingly anti-Arab, specifically anti-Palestinian). So actually,
they're pro-Zionist.

--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.
Old January 5th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Frank Pittel wrote:

Tom Phillips wrote:

: John wrote:
:
: David Nebenzahl wrote:
: John spake thus:
:
: Creeker wrote:
:
[...]

I think that's the point. Even Lincoln suspended habeas
corpus and had reporteers jailed who criticized his
war strategy. I don't approve, but it depends on one's
definition of democracy. We've have a democratic
republic, as opposed to a pure democracy. One has
to remember the Constitution was set up by and large
as a compromise between the New England town meeting
style of government and the aristocratic Southern
ruling class who were afraid of true democracy.
Old January 5th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Cheesehead wrote:

Democracies and Republics come in many variants.
They're hard to make distinct.
There is no true "democracy", but the modern proletariat definition has
been claimed: USSR, PROC.
The US is supposed to be a constitutional republic.
But that was before the Left's rise to corruption.

The Left's? You should pay more attention to the
current scandals and inditement of the corrupt
Right. Unless like dubya you don't read the news
papers.

Even Gingrich is saying they need to clean
up their corruption...
Old January 5th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Cheesehead wrote:

And 900 FBI files later
(using the FBI as a private & political police force)
many will still vote again for the HillBillies.

Also, Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus during the civil war.
But it was returned.
And FDR has many rights suspended during WWII, but we got the back.
Both sides have done it and the US has survived.

The resilience of the American people regarding the
rights we know we have isn't an excuse for trampling
on the Constitution by Lincoln or FDR. Be that as it
may, dubya is the the most fascist, imperialistic
pres in US history.

BTW, isn't "neocon" simply newspeak for an anti-zionist attitude?
Fourty years ago the evangelical & fundamentalist Christian community
was called
anti-Semitic for precisely this same attitude toward the Zionist
movement.
Why should the Left get off without the appropriate designation?

Don't drag religion into it...