Hints and Tips - Comments?

Old September 15th 04, 01:26 PM
-=Plane Mad=-

.....or the outside! come to think of it.

"Bob Harrington" rch at blarg dot net wrote in message
Mac Tabak wrote:
Always overexpose your shots by 1.5 - 2 F stops, i know sky will
blow out but it's not the sky you want!
Another tip....if plane is crossing from left to right, make sure you
position it in the frame on the left hand side,that way it gives the
plane a space to fly into.

Truer words...

Y'ever seen what a T-28 prop will do to the inside of your camera? ;^)

"Craig" wrote in message
A few weeks back, I came and asked for tips on taking photos at an
airhow, and one of the 'hopes and dreams' was that we'de get good
weather for photos. Turns out, it was rubbish weather! The old
planes cancelled the Battle of Britain flyby, and I think the better
ones took it easy (Except, of course, The Red Arrows!).

Anyways, this is how my shots came out.

http://www.thelisters.co.uk/viewgallery.php?id=50

Used auto focus, and.. the rest of the details are on each photo.
Not too happy, as most are not sharp, but it would be great if you
could 'crit' some photos.

Not bad for a first time though, I guess. Weather was really bad.
Dark and windy and rain. Not great...

Old September 17th 04, 12:33 PM
Andre Blanchard

Hi Criag,

Sometimes an overcast sky can be a real blessing and sometime a real
pain. The overcast sky guarantees that you don't have too much light and
the photo is less likely to be washed out by light. It can also provide
a really nice contrast for the aircraft. Granted I would still prefer a
blue sky with big fluffy clouds or very little clouds , but still,
overcast is not a bad thing. Fog on the other hand ...well that speaks
for itself

Andre Blanchard

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
"Craig" writes:

A few weeks back, I came and asked for tips on taking photos at an airhow,
and one of the 'hopes and dreams' was that we'de get good weather for
photos. Turns out, it was rubbish weather! The old planes cancelled the
Battle of Britain flyby, and I think the better ones took it easy (Except,
of course, The Red Arrows!).

Anyways, this is how my shots came out.

http://www.thelisters.co.uk/viewgallery.php?id=50

Used auto focus, and.. the rest of the details are on each photo. Not too
happy, as most are not sharp, but it would be great if you could 'crit' some
photos.

Not bad for a first time though, I guess. Weather was really bad. Dark and
windy and rain. Not great...

But actually I find some of the shots very striking against the heavy
clouds -- especially the "Red Arrows split" (id=818).