Aden Camera Shipping Costs

Old December 23rd 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Humm

Default Aden Camera Shipping Costs

Has any one had dealings with Aden Camera in Toronto.
I was looking at buying a DSLR through them but their shipping ad handling
is very expensive compared to other Camera stores.
Is this the way they make up for a low price? They make up the shortfall on
the shipping?

Old December 23rd 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"Humm" wrote in message
Has any one had dealings with Aden Camera in Toronto.
I was looking at buying a DSLR through them but their shipping ad
handling
is very expensive compared to other Camera stores.
Is this the way they make up for a low price? They make up the
shortfall on
the shipping?

If you are free to choose pick the store offering prices you want. If
you feel that shipping charges are too high then buy elsewhere. What's
your problem?

Old December 23rd 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Allen

Dear Dot,

Pot, Kettle, Black, Moron.

Old December 23rd 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
jazu

"Humm" wrote in message
Has any one had dealings with Aden Camera in Toronto.
I was looking at buying a DSLR through them but their shipping ad handling
is very expensive compared to other Camera stores.
Is this the way they make up for a low price? They make up the shortfall
on
the shipping?

Buy in USA. Ask them to ship it with USPS period

Old December 23rd 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA[_3_]

"Humm" wrote in message
Has any one had dealings with Aden Camera in Toronto.
I was looking at buying a DSLR through them but their shipping ad handling
is very expensive compared to other Camera stores.
Is this the way they make up for a low price? They make up the shortfall
on
the shipping?

If shipping is actuallty making up the shortfall, then what you are buying
really isn't worth buying from them unless you have no local source. If the
item is worth a lot ($1000+) and the shipping is making up the shortfall,
either the shipping is horrifically high, or you are trying to save $20 on a
$1000 item, which is stupid.

Old December 23rd 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Humm wrote:
Has any one had dealings with Aden Camera in Toronto.
I was looking at buying a DSLR through them but their shipping ad handling
is very expensive compared to other Camera stores.
Is this the way they make up for a low price? They make up the shortfall on
the shipping?

I took advantage of free shipping in November from Henry's in Toronto
for a camera and CF. They had another free-shipping sale a couple weeks
ago as well...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 24th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dan[_5_]

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Humm wrote:
Has any one had dealings with Aden Camera in Toronto.
I was looking at buying a DSLR through them but their shipping ad
handling is very expensive compared to other Camera stores.
Is this the way they make up for a low price? They make up the shortfall
on the shipping?

Aden does not have a good reputation. Google "aden camera" and "service".
Also take a look at their return policy
http://www.adencamera.com/policy.asp#return

Old December 24th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Humm wrote:
Has any one had dealings with Aden Camera in Toronto.
I was looking at buying a DSLR through them but their shipping ad
handling is very expensive compared to other Camera stores.
Is this the way they make up for a low price? They make up the
shortfall on the shipping?

Aden does not have a good reputation. Google "aden camera" and
"service". Also take a look at their return policy
http://www.adencamera.com/policy.asp#return

Don't reply to my post with that - reply to the OP.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.