Micro 4/3 at ISO 3200

Old April 26th 17, 06:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Micro 4/3 at ISO 3200

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article 2017042609071397972-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

On 2017-04-25 15:56:05 +0000, Whisky-dave
said:

On Tuesday, 25 April 2017 14:48:44 UTC+1, David Taylor wrote:
On 25/04/2017 11:07, Whisky-dave wrote:
[]
Have you ever tried gig photogrpahy or some sports photography, I
was
watching the snooker last night
[]

Snooker - an event where the clatter of a flapping mirror isn't
appreciated, and might even get you thrown out.

So an idea use for a mirrorless camera but I have one of those and
where as a DLSR will have a mirror making the noise my canon EOS M3
has
the sensor flapping up and down making all the noise. (unless I
switch
to video mode)

What sensor flapping up and down?
If it does, that would be a serious concern for Canon.

Well whatever they call that shiney thing you can see your reflection
in when you take the lens off,

That "shiney thing" is the sensor you idiot.

That what I said !

...and that "shiney thing sensor" does not flap up and down. It doesn't
move at all.

Who's the ****ing idiot that asked sensor then ?

Do you have a mirror handy?

" What sensor flapping up and down?
If it does, that would be a serious concern for Canon."

It seems you have no idea of construction of mirrorless cameras, even
yours.

I do others don't.

You have yet to present any evidence that you do.

Now if nospam joined this discussion it would be perfect ;-)

Where is nospam when you need him?

His off the board making a policy decision on inhaling stuff...
--
teleportation kills
Old April 26th 17, 06:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-04-26 17:14:15 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

Where is nospam when you need him?

misc.phone.mobile.iphone; comp.sys.mac.system; comp.mobile.ipad;
uk.comp.sys.mac; and comp.sys.mac.apps

Savageduck

Old April 27th 17, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Davoud:
Because I'm not locked into any dogmas. I *usually* shoot at ISO
100-200, but I do what is necessary to get the photos that I want.

Whisky-dave:
Doesn't everyone ?
If you usually shoot at 100-200 and then show a picture shot at 400 this
must mean this particualr isn't your usual sort of setting.

I live to serve. You ask for ISO 200, I give you ISO 200
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/33906585690. Dark day,
intermittent rain, Profoto B1 500 AirTTL studio flash in a Profoto
2'x2' RFI softbox. Triggered by a Profoto Air Remote TTL-C.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old April 27th 17, 02:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-04-27 00:44:07 +0000, Davoud said:

Davoud:
Because I'm not locked into any dogmas. I *usually* shoot at ISO
100-200, but I do what is necessary to get the photos that I want.

Whisky-dave:
Doesn't everyone ?
If you usually shoot at 100-200 and then show a picture shot at 400 this
must mean this particualr isn't your usual sort of setting.

I live to serve. You ask for ISO 200, I give you ISO 200
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/33906585690. Dark day,
intermittent rain, Profoto B1 500 AirTTL studio flash in a Profoto
2'x2' RFI softbox. Triggered by a Profoto Air Remote TTL-C.

However, you are still dragging studio lighting around with you. That
is something that not every photographer can do just to be able to
shoot at native ISO.

Most photographers who are travelling and visiting museums and/or
galleries are not going to lug a Profoto B1 500, light stand, a 2'x2'
softbox and the other lighting hardware to make that work. What they
will do, is use a built-in, or good TTL flash if permitted, or crank up
the ISO.

Savageduck

Old April 27th 17, 05:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , Davoud
wrote:

Davoud:
Because I'm not locked into any dogmas. I *usually* shoot at ISO
100-200, but I do what is necessary to get the photos that I want.

Whisky-dave:
Doesn't everyone ?
If you usually shoot at 100-200 and then show a picture shot at 400 this
must mean this particualr isn't your usual sort of setting.

I live to serve. You ask for ISO 200, I give you ISO 200
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/33906585690. Dark day,
intermittent rain, Profoto B1 500 AirTTL studio flash in a Profoto
2'x2' RFI softbox. Triggered by a Profoto Air Remote TTL-C.

Jumping backwards a bit. I saw that you used the M5 for the doggy. Ain't
those small sensor Canons a drag to work with?
--
teleportation kills
Old April 27th 17, 06:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

:
An astro-photographer friend claims a special filter can eliminate these
problems, but I can't help think anything that reduces the light the lens can
see has to be counter-productive. Still, I may well be wrong! Gotta try it
sometime.

On a DSLR? If you get serious about long-exposure, guided
astrophotography you will very quickly come up against the strict
limitations of DSLRs. Then you will get a cooled, monochrome CCD camera
with a computer-controlled filter wheel and begin assembling your own
RGB images. If you have a light-pollution problem you'll want to try
narrowband imaging‹H alpha, OIII, SII (the light of ionized hydrogen,
oxygen, and sulfur). I try my hand at it from time to time
http://www.primordial-light.com.

The ideal is still the deserts in Australia, with very clear and dry air.
But they are 10 hours drive West from here, so a very long weekend for those
is badly needed!

I visited Uluru some years ago, and to get away from the light of the
hotels and airport at the rock I drove my rental car to Kata Tjuta
where the sky was about as black as it gets outside of the Atacama and
Antarctica.

Old April 27th 17, 11:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 27/04/2017 3:36 @wiz, Davoud wrote:
:
An astro-photographer friend claims a special filter can eliminate these
problems, but I can't help think anything that reduces the light the lens can
see has to be counter-productive. Still, I may well be wrong! Gotta try it
sometime.

On a DSLR? If you get serious about long-exposure, guided

No, on a Olympus micro4/3 camera. Hence the title of the posts.

astrophotography you will very quickly come up against the strict
limitations of DSLRs. Then you will get a cooled, monochrome CCD camera
with a computer-controlled filter wheel and begin assembling your own
RGB images.

Yeah, heard about those. But it gets into very expensive territory and
I have a strict "financial controller" without a sense of humour...

If you have a light-pollution problem you'll want to try
narrowband imaging‹H alpha, OIII, SII (the light of ionized hydrogen,
oxygen, and sulfur). I try my hand at it from time to time
http://www.primordial-light.com.

Yeah, that's what the guy told me to use. One of the things I've done
quite successfully is to fix the colour balance to "sunny" rather than
let the camera do auto WB. That certainly has helped get the colours
back under difficult lighting.

I visited Uluru some years ago, and to get away from the light of the
hotels and airport at the rock I drove my rental car to Kata Tjuta
where the sky was about as black as it gets outside of the Atacama and
Antarctica.

Yeah, the sky clarity is truly amazing over there. I remember reading a
newspaper and a magazine by the car at night - no moon, just with star
light alone - in Dalhousie Springs near the Simpson Desert. Could read
easily and clearly. Unreal clarity! All I had to do was put out the
campfire and the amazing light would be all around us in a coupla minutes!
The Olgas are very much the same.

Old April 27th 17, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,

On 2017-04-26 15:29:10 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

Well whatever they call that shiney thing you can see your reflection
in when you take the lens off,

That "shiney thing" is the sensor you idiot.

That what I said !

...and that "shiney thing sensor" does not flap up and down. It doesn't
move at all.

Who's the ****ing idiot that asked sensor then ?

Do you have a mirror handy?

A few.

" What sensor flapping up and down?
If it does, that would be a serious concern for Canon."

It seems you have no idea of construction of mirrorless cameras, even
yours.

I do others don't.

You have yet to present any evidence that you do.

I get a 1.2 second gap in video & sound when taking a photograph while
recording a movie and that is what is important to me an dt hat the max.
shooting speed is about 4 FPS, and I know that my battery when fully charged
will last over 100 mins when doing video those are the things I found via
using it rather than reading the soecs.

So who's the ****ing idiot ?

It seems the idiot is the one in sheltered employment in London.

What is sheltered employment in London ?

Do you want a list?
--
teleportation kills
Old April 27th 17, 08:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 4/27/2017 4:39 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 April 2017 06:34:35 UTC+10, newshound wrote:

I *love* your sword of Orion shots! I really ought to try this myself.

Thanks. Orion is relatively easy to take good shots of, for me.
Most of the ones I have were single shots at high ISO, but with long exposures or lots of long-ish ones in Deep Sky Stacker it's possible to see some really nice stuff.

The thing I like about it is that even near a big city it's possible to get relatively good stuff! I live North of a 5 million people city and Orion shows mostly in the North here, so I'm lucky I can more or less ignore the problems of too much night sky light.

But the South facing stuff is a problem: I get the glow from the city unless the sky is very clear and with low humidity, which makes it go much darker.

An astro-photographer friend claims a special filter can eliminate these problems, but I can't help think anything that reduces the light the lens can see has to be counter-productive. Still, I may well be wrong! Gotta try it sometime.

The ideal is still the deserts in Australia, with very clear and dry air. But they are 10 hours drive West from here, so a very long weekend for those is badly needed!
One day I'll retire and have all the time in the world to play those.
If I can still walk, then!

Speaking as someone now retired for more than three years, I don't know
where I ever found the time to go to work!

Orion is also my favourite constellation, I had a good view through my
bedroom window when I was a kid, particularly before the sodium
streetlights arrived.

I'm now in a small town with quite a lot of light pollution, and with
four cities less than 30 miles in each direction. However, we are
starting to change to LED, I'm not sure if this will make things better.
I believe the "sodium light" filter is quite a sharp notch, and
considered well worth having by astronomers.
Old April 27th 17, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Davoud:
I give you ISO 200
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/33906585690. Dark day,
intermittent rain, Profoto B1 500 AirTTL studio flash in a Profoto
2'x2' RFI softbox. Triggered by a Profoto Air Remote TTL-C.

Whisky-dave:
Nice shot 'orrible insect we get them in the UK too most annoying when they
are flying around the house. Must try something like that myself, but all I
have are 3 extention tubes at the moment.

O, don't be that way. Give the little dudes a break. Ovum larva
imago mate deposit ova die. All in under 15 days. They don't
bite. In fact, many species don't eat at all in their adult stage. A
couple of species are considered pests in the larva stage because they
may nibble at plant roots, but even they are not a serious threat to
anyone. See my Canon macro-video of crane flies feeding on nectar here
https://vimeo.com/primordial/clumsy-crane-fly.

As for extension tubes, they are soooo 1950s. Whatever your camera,
someone makes a macro lens. Buy it.