green spots on my slide film :-(

Old October 13th 04, 07:48 AM
malwinka

Default green spots on my slide film :-(

I got my slide film back from the lab badly damaged - there are numerous
green dots on it. Is it the lab's fault or mine? Does anybody know a
website showing scans of film damaged by labs?
Old October 13th 04, 01:49 PM
ROBMURR

nothing you could have done to cause
green spots, its the labs fault.
Old October 13th 04, 01:49 PM
ROBMURR

Old October 13th 04, 03:03 PM
Alan Browne

malwinka wrote:

I got my slide film back from the lab badly damaged - there are numerous
green dots on it. Is it the lab's fault or mine? Does anybody know a
website showing scans of film damaged by labs?

Can you post examples?

Return to the lab and ask them. I've had slides return with thousands of tiny
black dots firmy attached .... and they were able to clean them w/o damage.

Cheers,
Alan

Old October 13th 04, 04:19 PM
malwinka

ROBMURR wrote:
nothing you could have done to cause

I was trekking in Iceland, it was raining all the time ;-), and the bag
with all my films got wet... But only one out of eight is damaged.
Old October 13th 04, 04:19 PM
malwinka

Old October 13th 04, 04:22 PM
malwinka

Alan Browne wrote:

Can you post examples?

sorry, not now

Return to the lab and ask them. I've had slides return with thousands
of tiny black dots firmy attached .... and they were able to clean them
w/o damage.

I don't think it would work in this case... I'll ask them, but I'm
affraid all I can get is a new film.
Thanks :-)
Old October 13th 04, 05:22 PM
Phil Stripling

malwinka writes:

I got my slide film back from the lab badly damaged - there are numerous
green dots on it.

I'm sorry to say that numerous greed dots isn't enough information to help
you out. My first guess is that the film wasn't loaded properly and didn't
get fully developed. If that's the case, there is nothing to be done
regarding recovering the lost image. Labs probably limit their liability,
but you may ask for more than just the replacement film they generally offer.

Is it the lab's fault or mine? Does anybody know a
website showing scans of film damaged by labs?

Maybe it's time you started one?