A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Photo Techniques » Photographing Nature
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Anza Borrego Wildflower Update

Old February 16th 05, 02:32 AM
Ken
external usenet poster

Default Anza Borrego Wildflower Update

Hi,

I visited the Anza Borrego Desert State Park in California on 02/13/2005 and the
wildflower bloom is going full steam. The pictures posted on http://desertusa.com
really don't do it justice for the sheer variety and scope of the conditions present
right now. The entire valley is full of greenery and the wildflowers are popping up
everywhere. There were plenty of flowers in full bloom and many plants still working
up to bloom conditions. I personally predict that it will be going for at least another
month from what I saw 2 days ago. The cactus are just now showing signs of waking
up and I even caught an early bird barrel cactus in bloom. The Ocotillo are also
showing signs of plumage though other varieties of cactus are still a month or two
off.

Traveling to Borrego up the I-15 corridor from Corona to Temecula the California
Golden poppy bloom is also well underway with numerous opportunities for photos.
From Temecula (highway 79) out through Warner Springs there is also a wide variety
of wildflowers in various stages of bloom. Between Warner Springs and Borrego on
S22 there is yet even more to see.

California is going nutz with wildflowers right now and it likely won't be like this again
for several years to come. If you have a desire to photograph desert wildflowers this is
one region you won't want to miss.

For examples of what you can see in Borrego right now visit -
http://ken.smugmug.com/gallery/396861

Regards,

Ken