Digital SLRs

Old March 8th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Digital SLRs

I am looking at investing in a digital SLR but am looking for some
advice on which to buy. I would like to stick to a Canon EOS just for
the simple fact that I have a 35mm EOS and would like the option to
interchange the lens'. I do some photography which I get paid but am
by far not a professional. Any suggestions?
Old March 8th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charles[_2_]

wrote in message
I am looking at investing in a digital SLR but am looking for some
advice on which to buy. I would like to stick to a Canon EOS just for
the simple fact that I have a 35mm EOS and would like the option to
interchange the lens'. I do some photography which I get paid but am
by far not a professional. Any suggestions?

The 40D might be your best bet. Go to a retailer and handle it. If it
seems to suit, check out the many reviews by Googling.

I think it is currently the most/best DSLR for the money.

Old March 8th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
HEMI-Powered

Jim Townsend added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

I am looking at investing in a digital SLR but am looking for
some advice on which to buy. I would like to stick to a
Canon EOS just for the simple fact that I have a 35mm EOS and
would like the option to interchange the lens'. I do some
photography which I get paid but am by far not a
professional. Any suggestions?

The link below shows all the current Canon DSLR cameras.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...ProductCatInde
xAct&fcategoryid=111

If money is no object, get the 1Ds MkIII... If you're on a
shoestring budget, get the Rebel XT. If you're somewhere in
between, then get the one you can afford.

I understand your use of "shoestring budget" and "Rebel XT/XTi" in
the same sentence, but I think it is only valid for the body. I
very much like my XT because it is smaller and lighter than its
main competitors. But, the real money is in the glass one chooses
to buy, all of which will work with the entire line of any
manufacturer's cameras, certainly Canon and Nikon.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
Old March 9th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

In article
,
wrote:

I am looking at investing in a digital SLR but am looking for some
advice on which to buy. I would like to stick to a Canon EOS just for
the simple fact that I have a 35mm EOS and would like the option to
interchange the lens'. I do some photography which I get paid but am
by far not a professional. Any suggestions?

Buying a camera is not unlike buying a pair of shoes; you need one
that's comfortable for you. Check
http://www.canon.com to get ideas of
what's available and look for reviews at http://www.dpreview.com then go
out and find a good camera store in your area and try each camera you
are considering to see how comfortably it fits in your hands and decide
if its controls make sense to you.