A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 14th 09, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
knotnau
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.
  #2  
Old August 14th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Bob[_17_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 90
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

In article 375bac39-78a9-4ec1-9dd7-
, says...
-:
-:
-:knotnau wrote:
-: My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
-: Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.
-:
-:Only a handful. Most are Chinese.
-: For all we know,

" " sums it up perfectly.


  #3  
Old August 14th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,136
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

RichA wrote:


knotnau wrote:
My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.


Only a handful. Most are Chinese. For all we know, you're was
assembled there.


Quite the racist troll, aren't you?

--
Ray Fischer


  #4  
Old August 15th 09, 09:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,136
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
knotnau wrote:
My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.

Only a handful. Most are Chinese. For all we know, you're was
assembled there.


Quite the racist troll, aren't you?


Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad.


And doubtless you believe that Blacks are inferior and you'll trot out
crime statistics to prove it.

--
Ray Fischer


  #5  
Old August 15th 09, 02:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,136
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
RichA wrote:
knotnau wrote:
My recalled D5000 is stamped "Made in Thailand."
Whoever Rich, RichA etc really is: what a putz whoever you are.

Only a handful. Most are Chinese. For all we know, you're was
assembled there.

Quite the racist troll, aren't you?

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad.


And doubtless you believe that Blacks are inferior and you'll trot out
crime statistics to prove it.


Statistics are a waste of time on the math illiterates out there.


That coming _from_ one of the math illiterates.

--
Ray Fischer


  #6  
Old August 16th 09, 05:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Strongbox
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:21:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad. Now, they'll
do anything to protect their overseas markets so they are quick to do
something about those products when they get CAUGHT. But who knows
how many of their own people have sickened and died because of this
kind of thing? I'll bet they were positively surprised when they
realized life isn't treated as cheaply in the West as it is in the
East.


My neighbor lost three show dogs to the tainted pet food awhile back due to
the Chinese contamination.
  #7  
Old August 16th 09, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,640
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

Strongbox wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:21:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad. Now, they'll
do anything to protect their overseas markets so they are quick to do
something about those products when they get CAUGHT. But who knows
how many of their own people have sickened and died because of this
kind of thing? I'll bet they were positively surprised when they
realized life isn't treated as cheaply in the West as it is in the
East.


My neighbor lost three show dogs to the tainted pet food awhile back due to
the Chinese contamination.



Remember "cheap Japanese" products from the 60's?

Then during the 70's they had a quiet quality revolution and by the
mid-80's the notion of "cheap Japanese" products disappeared.

The same will happen in China (and many companies there are already
producing to 6 Sigma performance). It will take time to weed out the
worst and improve the best. By 2020 or so, China will be where S. Korea
is today in quality terms and in far more companies. The shoddiest will
disappear (unlike Japan the Chinese do not have a culture of protecting
failing companies, at least that I've heard of).

The government, recognizing the danger of tainted (deliberately or
otherwise) products, will impose stricter standards.


  #8  
Old August 16th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
GMAN[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 19
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

In article , Strongbox wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:21:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad. Now, they'll
do anything to protect their overseas markets so they are quick to do
something about those products when they get CAUGHT. But who knows
how many of their own people have sickened and died because of this
kind of thing? I'll bet they were positively surprised when they
realized life isn't treated as cheaply in the West as it is in the
East.


My neighbor lost three show dogs to the tainted pet food awhile back due to
the Chinese contamination.

So your neighbor was more worried that he/she lost a dog show than he/she was
of losing her dogs? WTF??????????????
  #9  
Old August 16th 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,857
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

GMAN wrote:
In article , Strongbox wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:21:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad. Now, they'll
do anything to protect their overseas markets so they are quick to do
something about those products when they get CAUGHT. But who knows
how many of their own people have sickened and died because of this
kind of thing? I'll bet they were positively surprised when they
realized life isn't treated as cheaply in the West as it is in the
East.

My neighbor lost three show dogs to the tainted pet food awhile back due to
the Chinese contamination.


So your neighbor was more worried that he/she lost a dog show than he/she was
of losing her dogs? WTF??????????????


Nah, lost the dogs, not the show, although sick dogs (much less dead
ones) don't show well.

--
lsmft
  #10  
Old August 17th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 454
Default Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA!

On 2009-08-16 15:18:29 -0700, John McWilliams said:

GMAN wrote:
In article , Strongbox
wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:21:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The Chinese have been caught out
hundreds of times shipping contaminated products abroad. Now, they'll
do anything to protect their overseas markets so they are quick to do
something about those products when they get CAUGHT. But who knows
how many of their own people have sickened and died because of this
kind of thing? I'll bet they were positively surprised when they
realized life isn't treated as cheaply in the West as it is in the
East.
My neighbor lost three show dogs to the tainted pet food awhile back due to
the Chinese contamination.


So your neighbor was more worried that he/she lost a dog show than
he/she was of losing her dogs? WTF??????????????


Nah, lost the dogs, not the show, although sick dogs (much less dead
ones) don't show well.


Then why feed them cheap, bargain basment Walmart dog food when there
are safe premium products around for not too much more?
It seems like a counter productive savings .


--
Regards,

Savageduck

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA! SPAM.WATCH Digital Photography 1 August 14th 09 11:34 AM
Nikon's first QC disaster is...made in CHINA! SPAM.WATCH Digital SLR Cameras 1 August 14th 09 11:34 AM
Olympus GOES CHEAP. E-3, the flagship, MADE IN CHINA, CHINA!!!! RichA Digital SLR Cameras 20 November 10th 07 04:45 PM
Kodak films made in China Uranium Committee Film & Labs 1 November 5th 04 01:20 AM
China made studio flashes rolento Other Photographic Equipment 0 June 11th 04 06:15 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.