A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Lightroom vs. Apertu Curves



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #741  
Old August 23rd 14, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22,122
Default Virtual Copies

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I see. You now claim he didn't plonk you.
Oh! Boy!

he clearly did not.

One if the few times I will bother:

Here is the full text of the message:


you ought to learn what plonk actually means before you show yourself
to be even more stupid than you already have.

he may have said he plonked me but he clearly did not. he was lying.


You are true to form. Bordering on being an Internet sociopath. When
caught in an outright lie, you insult whoever catches you.


i'm not the one who is lying.

Clearly PAS was not lying. He may have changed his mind, or possibly did
not get around to setting a filter. As I said earlier, he may have been
in ndded of a good laugh, and wanted to see how far you would go.


he said he plonked me and did not.

simple concept.
  #742  
Old August 23rd 14, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,429
Default Lightroom vs. Apertu Curves

On 8/14/2014 10:59 PM, nospam wrote:

heavily edited for brevity

lightroom's exposure adjustment is specifically designed to work more
like film because of the hard clipping of digital, whereas film is less
harsh because of the shoulder/knee of its characteristic curve.


edited

What? I thought you claimed that digital is superior to film, in every way.

John
  #743  
Old August 24th 14, 02:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 741
Default Lightroom vs. Apertu Curves

On 8/23/2014 5:08 PM, John Turco wrote:
On 8/14/2014 10:59 PM, nospam wrote:

heavily edited for brevity

lightroom's exposure adjustment is specifically designed to work more
like film because of the hard clipping of digital, whereas film is less
harsh because of the shoulder/knee of its characteristic curve.


edited

What? I thought you claimed that digital is superior to film, in every way.

John


You are wrong if you expect consistency from him.


--
PeterN
  #744  
Old August 24th 14, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22,122
Default Lightroom vs. Apertu Curves

In article , PeterN
wrote:

lightroom's exposure adjustment is specifically designed to work more
like film because of the hard clipping of digital, whereas film is less
harsh because of the shoulder/knee of its characteristic curve.


What? I thought you claimed that digital is superior to film, in every way.


You are wrong if you expect consistency from him.


there's nothing inconsistent about what i said, unless you fail to
understand it.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lightroom and Aperture, shared library? Sandman Digital Photography 15 May 15th 14 05:09 PM
PhotoShop Elements, Aperture and Lightroom nospam Digital Photography 0 May 23rd 08 10:09 PM
PhotoShop Elements, Aperture and Lightroom C J Campbell Digital Photography 1 May 23rd 08 10:08 PM
Aperture, Lightroom: beyond Bridge; who needs them? Frank ess Digital Photography 0 June 4th 07 06:42 PM
Lightzone/Lightroom/Aperture D.M. Procida Digital SLR Cameras 20 April 27th 07 07:00 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.