Anyone know if the Nikon ML-L3 IR remote will trigger a D300?

Old January 13th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Anyone know if the Nikon ML-L3 IR remote will trigger a D300?

I used to use it to trigger a D70...

Can it do all Nikons, or a select few?

Thanks

Old January 13th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Don Wiss

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 21:12:02 -0500, wrote:

I used to use it to trigger a D70...

Can it do all Nikons, or a select few?

Only a select few. It requires a camera body with a receiver. They list the
cameras he

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php...0&cat=1&grp=56

Though it is not a complete list. Missing is at least the 8400.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old January 13th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

wrote in message

I used to use it to trigger a D70...

Can it do all Nikons, or a select few?

Yes, only a selct few and no, not the D300, because it doesn't have a IR
receiver.

The original Nikon remote is ridiculously overpriced, so I got a Phottix.
Works very good and much bigger range because of radio control versus IR
with the Nikon.
Google it to see where you can buy it.

--
Sosumi

Old January 13th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Sosumi wrote:
wrote in message
I used to use it to trigger a D70...

Can it do all Nikons, or a select few?

Yes, only a selct few and no, not the D300, because it doesn't have a IR
receiver.

The original Nikon remote is ridiculously overpriced, so I got a Phottix.
Works very good and much bigger range because of radio control versus IR
with the Nikon.
Google it to see where you can buy it.

I got a used older model MC20 which allows keying in exposures longer
than the 30 second limit on the body and an LCD that can be illuminated
at night, the new model does a lot more tricks that you probably don't
need such as intervalometer that can be set from the camera menu on a D200.
Old January 14th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_2_]

"Sosumi" wrote in message

The original Nikon remote is ridiculously overpriced,

Depends on where you buy it. It's $13.49 at Amazon, which is where I bought
my last one. (My first two came with my Coolpix 8400 and 8800.) But I have
seen it selling for which higher prices elsewhere.

At this price it's worth buying an extra one, since it's so tiny it's easy
to mislay.

Neil

Old January 14th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Neil Harrington wrote:
"Sosumi" wrote in message

The original Nikon remote is ridiculously overpriced,

Depends on where you buy it. It's $13.49 at Amazon, which is where I bought
my last one. (My first two came with my Coolpix 8400 and 8800.) But I have
seen it selling for which higher prices elsewhere.

At this price it's worth buying an extra one, since it's so tiny it's easy
to mislay.

The wired remote is more like $150 approx.
Old January 14th 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

"Sosumi" wrote in message

wrote in message

I used to use it to trigger a D70...

Can it do all Nikons, or a select few?

Yes, only a selct few and no, not the D300, because it doesn't have a IR
receiver.

The original Nikon remote is ridiculously overpriced, so I got a Phottix.
Works very good and much bigger range because of radio control versus IR
with the Nikon.
Google it to see where you can buy it.

Extra info:

The original remote for the D300 (and more) is the ML-3 (versus ML-L3 which
is simply an IR switch) and costs min. $150.-
I got the Phottix one which has a range of more than 300 feet and 16
channels, while the ML-3 has only 2 channels and a range of 26 feet.
It does have some more "hanky panky" which I don't use anyway.

--
Sosumi

Old January 14th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_2_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
. net...
Neil Harrington wrote:
"Sosumi" wrote in message

The original Nikon remote is ridiculously overpriced,

Depends on where you buy it. It's $13.49 at Amazon, which is where I
bought my last one. (My first two came with my Coolpix 8400 and 8800.)
But I have seen it selling for which higher prices elsewhere.

At this price it's worth buying an extra one, since it's so tiny it's
easy to mislay.

The wired remote is more like $150 approx.

If you want a fancy-schmancy one. The simple Nikon MC-DC1 is only $24.57 at
Amazon (add something to put the order over $25 and the shipping is free
too):

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-MC-DC1-R...214 01&sr=8-2

It's only for the D70s and D80 though.

Neil

Old January 14th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sosumi

. ..

Neil Harrington wrote:
"Sosumi" wrote in message

The original Nikon remote is ridiculously overpriced,

Depends on where you buy it. It's $13.49 at Amazon, which is where I
bought my last one. (My first two came with my Coolpix 8400 and 8800.)
But I have seen it selling for which higher prices elsewhere.

At this price it's worth buying an extra one, since it's so tiny it's
easy to mislay.

The wired remote is more like $150 approx.

If you want a fancy-schmancy one. The simple Nikon MC-DC1 is only $24.57
at Amazon (add something to put the order over $25 and the shipping is
free too):

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-MC-DC1-R...214 01&sr=8-2

It's only for the D70s and D80 though.

So what's the point? The OP was clearly asking about a D300...

--
Sosumi

Old January 14th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Sosumi wrote:
"Sosumi" wrote in message
wrote in message
I used to use it to trigger a D70...

Can it do all Nikons, or a select few?

Yes, only a selct few and no, not the D300, because it doesn't have a IR
receiver.

The original Nikon remote is ridiculously overpriced, so I got a Phottix.
Works very good and much bigger range because of radio control versus IR
with the Nikon.
Google it to see where you can buy it.

Extra info:

The original remote for the D300 (and more) is the ML-3 (versus ML-L3 which
is simply an IR switch) and costs min. $150.-
I got the Phottix one which has a range of more than 300 feet and 16
channels, while the ML-3 has only 2 channels and a range of 26 feet.
It does have some more "hanky panky" which I don't use anyway.

Ah, OK, I've not seen that hotshoe IR adapter, for the D200 they pushed
this $130 cabled programmable bugger the MC-36:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...on_Remote.html
but I got the simpler MC-20, and there's the even simpler MC-30:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mote_Cord.html

Nikon's MC-20 versus MC-30 (and MC-36):
http://www.earthboundlight.com/photo...rsus-mc30.html