Cranes in Sweden

Old January 18th 04, 01:07 PM
Daniel Taylor

Default Cranes in Sweden

I am looking to go up to Hornborga in Sweden to photograph the cranes on
their stop off.

Does nayone know whether 23-25 March is likely to be a little early or
should I book for a couple of weeks later?

TIA
Daniel

Old January 18th 04, 02:58 PM
Liz

In message
"Daniel Taylor" wrote:

I am looking to go up to Hornborga in Sweden to photograph the cranes on
their stop off.

Does nayone know whether 23-25 March is likely to be a little early or
should I book for a couple of weeks later?

According to this site:
http://www.ibis-excursions.dk/sweden-cranes.htm
it is too early.
They're plugging 12-18 April for their trip.

(This isn't a recommendation for the company, or otherwise. I just did a web
search and this was the first page I turned up. I'd imagine they'd hardly be
likely to advertise a trip at the wrong dates - though with nature anything
can happen!)

HTH

Liz

--
Virtual Liz at http://www.v-liz.co.uk
Kenya; Tanzania; India; Seychelles; Namibia
Old January 18th 04, 04:54 PM
Vitantonio Dellorto

"Daniel Taylor" wrote in message

I am looking to go up to Hornborga in Sweden to photograph the cranes on
their stop off.

Does nayone know whether 23-25 March is likely to be a little early or
should I book for a couple of weeks later?

Cranes begin to arrive there at about 10th of March, but the peak is
usually between
5 and 15 of April.
Consider that there will be many many people at the places where cranes
rest very close
to the road (Trandansen rest area). For example, photo hides in that are
have to be
booked one year in advance...

look here
http://www2.hornborga.com/eng/eng_stor_frame.html